I

"CONNIE!"

Someone banged on the door. I shot up out of my bed. "GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED AND GET READY. SOMEONE'S COMING IN AN HOUR." I looked at the clock. One PM. I put my head in my hands and groaned. I had stayed up 'till two AM because of a project I had been working on and I was so close to being done.
I threw the itchy blankets off of my legs and stalked over to my closet. I picked out black jeans and also a black sweater with converse. I bet you can guess the color. I ditched my grey pajamas and threw them in a pile in the corner, you see, I don't have a laundry basket to put my clothes in, so a pile in the corner is the best I got.
I looked at the clock and had still almost an hour to spare. I walked out my door and down the stairs. I went into the kitchen and dinning area and saw many kids eating lunch. They all kinda quieted down when they saw me in the room. The thing is, I'm an oddity. I'm not normal, and yes, I know it's cliché, but I'm really not. I look and act different from anyone that's my age. Girls my age usually obsess about who likes them and if they look pretty or not. You're lucky if you even find one girl in a place that likes bands or drawing. I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple before walking back out of both rooms. As soon as I left it was quiet no more.
I walked down the winding halls 'till I got to the back of the building. This place is huge and it's filled three quarters of the way. This area is where no one has a room, so it's perfect.
A while back a staff member, who took a liking to me as soon as he met me, was really nice. His name was Bailey. He liked the same bands that I did and was nice. We hung around the back halls where no one could hear us and just talked. Before he left, he had saved enough money and bought me an upright Yamaha piano. It was black and sleek. I thanked him repeatedly, he said it was all mine and that if I left this place, it had to go with me because my name was on the contract too. The headmaster, Mr. Bishop never found out about it 'till after Bailey left. He was absolutely pissed. Now, he doesn't care, as long as I'm quiet I'm fine.
I carelessly walked down the halls, walking to my door. I call it my room when in reality it's the piano's, though it is under my actual room. I took the key, which I kept around my neck and unlocked the door. I stepped in and was greeted by the smell of old books and coffee. I like my coffee. I went over to the crate I had and picked up some manuscript paper I had that was written on with a pencil.
Nico and the Niners
I had the song done in my mind, but I needed to write it on paper. So I spent the next forty-five minutes going back and forth between the keys on my piano and the measures on my paper. I had finally finished and my hand ached. I smiled though, the song I had written was finally on paper. The lyrics were somewhere in one of the many journals I have strewn across the hardwood floor.
I set the music up on the stand and started to play. It was a simple piece but I loved it.
Sooner or later I started to sing to it, not thinking about the whole other world outside the door or the amount of time that had passed.

*Third person POV*

Down the hallway the Headmaster had called all the children between nine and thirteen, since Connie was the oldest. They lined up in age order and he looked down the line, but someone was missing.
"Where's Connie?" He asked the children. They all looked around then shrugged. He sighed and pinched his nose. This wasn't the first time she had disappeared.
Then there was a knock at the door. He put on a smile and went to open it. "Mr. Joseph! Hello! Do come in." He greeted and stepped aside. The other man smiled and walked in before looking around.
The headmaster led him to the room full of beaming children. They all seemed happy, too happy.
"Lets get started with the interviews, shall we?" He said. Tyler nodded before following him to a tiny room off of the main one.
One after one the children came through, youngest to oldest. Tyler was dissatisfied, none of these kids seemed to like music, and if it was, it was the normal pop or country played on the radio everyday. He made sure to ask.
He finished with the last eleven year old and went out of the room. He found the headmaster and asked him a question. "Can I see your oldest?" He asked, for he was getting bored. Surely the oldest would at least like some form of music other than pop or country. The headmaster frowned. "Sadly, we can't find her, she always seems to go missing at these times." He said. Tyler nodded.

*TyTys POV*

Maybe she didn't like people, I can relate to this girl at least in one way, I guess.
"-Though I think I know where she went." He continued. I perked up at this. "Stay here and I'll go find her." Then he ran off down a hallway on the right side. I just stood there, thinking.
What could this girl possibly be doing that's more important than this?
Then I heard the faint melodic tones of a piano, and then they stopped.

Making memes Tyler, making memes is more important.
-DLJ