XVII

The next morning we were in Los Angeles, and it was very sunny. The heat was more bearable than in Phoenix, which was good. I put on what I had yesterday, with the exception of a black and yellow floral kimono and a wide brimmed black hat that had yellow flowers pinned onto it. The crew was aloud to go do whatever they wanted too in LA, but Josh, Jenna, Tyler and I went around as I wished to wherever I wanted. For breakfast we went to Joan's on Third, and I got giant pancakes piled high with fruit and whipped cream. There was a boba tea shop next door so we all got tea, Josh got coffee, and traveled around the city on foot. I wanted to go to the beach so we all went back to the hotel to grab our swimming suits and other items before heading to the beach.
I changed into some shorts and a different tank-too before running into the water. Jenna joined me not long after and started to splash water in my face. I did it back before going full shark-mode.
I dove under the salty waves and swam circles around her before grabbing onto her leg. I then popped up and laughed at her scared face. I ended up laying on the shore where the sand was wet and the tides would sometimes make it to my hips.
We spent the rest of the day roaming the streets of Los Angeles, not in a theme-park. I didn't want to go to Disneyland because I wanted a glimpse of what LA really is, plus I didn't want to eat food that was unhealthy and overpriced.
After dinner, I just wanted to go back to the hotel. We took a taxi back to the hotel, watching the neon lights that passed by on our way.
When I got to the room I hung up my wet clothes and changed into my bed clothes before going over to Josh's room, he had an entire room to himself and I wanted to keep him company, since Tyler and Jenna probably wanted to be alone.
We watched old musicals, per my request, and sang along to them until we both got texts from Mark telling us to shut up. We continued watching throughout the night, well, I continued watching. Josh fell asleep around the fourth movie, which was about one AM. I kept watching well into the morning, I honestly didn't want to sleep, considering I've woken up recently with faint memories of horrific scenes.
When the clock struck five AM I got a text from Tyler.

parental unit 1: come over here

I obeyed, slightly scared, but nonetheless I came over to the room and there was Tyler sitting awake on my bed while Jenna was still sleeping on the other bed.
"Where were you?" He asked quietly. "Josh's room, we were watching musicals, I wanted to leave you and Jenna alone for the night." I explained.
I could barely make out him nodding in the darkness. "You didn't need to leave us alone." He said kindly. "But I wanted too, and plus, watching musicals with Josh is fun." I smiled. He feigned being offended and crossed his arms. "Well now I know who's your favorite." He sassed. "Well, you're my guardian, our relationship is different." I explained. He hesitated for a second before responding. "That is true." He admitted. We were both quiet for a few seconds. "Well, go to bed, and sleep well. Goodnight Connie." He said before standing up and placing a kiss on my forehead and walking over to the other bed and cuddling with Jenna.
I slowly climbed onto my own bed and laid there, thinking.

I think I hurt Tyler.

I woke up without a memory of a terror-filled sleep, which was good. I decided to stay in bed all day since I spent yesterday out and about.
I worked on some schoolwork, and I was verbally reading through an article on Arthur Miller when Tyler came waltzing through the door. He smiled at me before jumping onto my bed, jumbling my things a bit.
"Why Arthur Miller?" He asked, looking at me for an answer. "Dunno, just felt like it." I shrugged. "There has to be a reason." He droned. "I just like musicals and plays, and as a playwright he was under my list of known playwrights." I explained. He nodded as I continued to read.
I finished up my schoolwork and then turned to writing to pass the time.
I had a good first verse but I needed a chorus, and I couldn't think of one. I put my things away in frustration and read to pass the time.
On our way to the venue, I looked at all the signs and neon lights that shined on almost every building, which gave me inspiration.
I pulled out my journal and a pencil before erasing the title and adding a chorus. I could tell someone was looking over my shoulder so I completed my work quickly and quietly. I had finished in under half a minute.

-DLJ