XXI

Over the holiday break, we traveled to Jenna's parents house, and to Tyler's. We were also invited to the Dun's, but we declined.
On Christmas Eve we ate dinner as a family, then opened presents. I opened my presents first, only because Tyler and Jenna wanted me too.
I received more books, candles, and even a polaroid camera. I thanked them and let them open their presents.
I got Jenna a new recipe book and Tyler some more Super Smash Bros. characters, which they were very happy about.
We stayed up until ten watching The Nightmare before Christmas(requested by me), and then proceeded to go to our rooms.
I stayed up past then, obviously, but I needed something to do. I got on my laptop and searched Twenty One Pilots animations. And boy, there were lots. I decided to do an animation to one of their songs, since Mrs. Ridgeway did say that we were doing digital art when school resumes. I chose my song and started to jot down ideas on a blank document. Once I had several ideas, I started to draw some frames on paper.
Eventually, the clock struck ten after four, and I was taken by sleep.

I woke up at ten with a faint memory of what I had accomplished last night, and the sudden realization that it was Christmas day. I didn't leap out of bed like a normal child, I got up calmly and then got ready for the day. I put on some dark green leggings and a maroon jumper before walking downstairs. And of course, when I looked under the tree, there were many presents. Tyler and Jenna were seated on the couch, and smiled at me from their spot. I smiled back and walked over.
"You didn't stay in your pajamas?" Jenna asked. "No, I didn't. I never do for long." I said while walking to the tree and sitting down. I sorted the presents out, mine, Jenna's, and Tyler's.
I noticed that there was a big present, about my size, leaned up against the wall. I checked the label, and it was mine. I looked at them both, confused.
"Yes, that is for you." Tyler chuckled.
I opened my smaller presents first. I got more inks and pens, which I was quite happy about. Some different types of film for my polaroid camera, like black and white or color. I also got a set of some good paints.
I got to a moderately sized box and tore it open, inside was a digital drawing tablet, something that would help with my animations.
"Thanks." I smiled. They both smiled back at me. "Now open the big one." Tyler urged. I carefully laid the big box down on the ground and ripped off the paper. Inside was a muted yellow case, and obviously there was something inside. I unlatched the case and opened it. Inside there was a white bass with a gold pickguard. I scanned the instrument in awe. It was gorgeous. My eyes started to water at the sight. I turned to Tyler and Jenna.
"Why?" I asked. "You brought up how you wanted to play bass a few times, so I thought I'd teach you." Tyler explained. I got up off of the floor and hugged them both.
"Thank you." I said with a smile. "You still aren't done, look in your stocking." Jenna said. I turned and grabbed my stocking from off its hook and dumped its contents onto the floor.
There was a yellow floral guitar strap as well as a plain black one, a few packages of picks, and a few other things for the bass. I smiled more and thanked them again.
"You're quite welcome Connie, Merry Christmas." Tyler said.

We spent New Years at the Duns house, which meant meeting Josh's family. I met them all, which was easier than with Tyler's family. I took a liking to Jordan Dun the most, so I sat by him the majority of the time. I think both Tyler and Jenna were proud of me for expanding my horizons to other people. Jordan and Noah were my exceptions.
We went home as soon as the ball dropped in New York City. I gave Josh and Jordan a hug goodbye before heading out to the car to wait for Tyler and Jenna.
As soon as we got home Tyler and Jenna went to bed, but I set up my tablet, which was easy. I then immediately transferred my frames to the tablet and continued to make more while listening to My Chemical Romance through my headphones.
I worked well into the morning, but then decided to sleep because in just a few days, I would start school again, and therefor would need to get my sleeping schedule back on track.
I woke up a few hours later and found Noah had texted me for the first time over break.

fren: how's your break?

nico: it's okay, i met many people

fren: who'd you meet?

I almost slipped and said my fathers family, but that would imply I've never met them, and Noah still doesn't know I'm adopted.

nico: my dad's friends' family, if that makes any sense at all

fren: no, that makes total sense

I didn't respond after that and got up to change. I mainly spent my entire day in my room on my tablet.

Went to Mannheim Steamrollers last night
-DLJ