XX

When school resumed, nothing had changed. Nothing, except for the fact that people were now getting hyped for the upcoming holidays. I wasn't in the holiday mood, I never am, I never have been, and I never will be.
The six boys(I had finally found out how many there were), were once friends of Noah's. By pure body language I figured that out, and I could also guess why they ditched him.
Noah is gay.
He came out to me after Thanksgiving, and I was very proud of him. So proud in fact, I bought him a cupcake to give him at lunch the next day. We split it because Noah felt it was unfair for him to get an entire cupcake.
In between classes they would shove me around after they called Noah a faggot and I stood up for him. Nobody tried to stop them.
Noah would see me with a bloody lip or a new cut constantly, but I reassured him I was fine. I was actually glad I had a friend for once. Someone to talk to that wasn't a guardian or adult. I still hadn't told Noah who my parents were, but I did know he had a faint idea of what Twenty One Pilots was. He preferred Paramore, Fall Out Boy, and Imagine Dragons, which aren't bad bands, just bands I didn't listen to too often. Also, Noah has a huge crush on Andy Hurley, so, that's that. He asked me if I had a celebrity crush, and I just said no.

December 17th, 2015

Noah and I decided we would get each other gifts for the holidays and open them at my house, and then stay the night. We had the idea cleared by Jenna and Tyler, and with Noah's parents too.
Luckily, the boys decided to spare me today, so I didn't need to patch up on the walk home with Noah. We talked about music we liked, TV shows we watched, books we read(Noah absolutely adores the Brontë sisters), and other things.
We arrived at my house without a scratch, and found Jenna waiting for us. She greeted Noah with a smiled and asked us if we wanted anything to eat. Noah asked for an apple while I declined.
After Noah got his apple we went up to my room to just lay around. Noah liked my room, saying it looked, and smelled, like a garden fairyland with all the flowers and lights I had.
We sat around and read books like the nerds we are before Jenna called us down for dinner. She made homemade chicken-noodle soup because Noah asked for it, and it was easy to make. Tyler ate with us and talked to Noah about what he liked. I think Tyler was skeptical of Noah, but left him alone because why would I invite someone who hurt me to my own home?
After dinner Jenna told us to get our presents and come downstairs so that she and Tyler could watch. We obeyed and brought our presents down. I wrapped Noah's present in holographic wrapping paper that reflected the lights that were on our tree while he wrapped my present in black and yellow-striped paper.
We exchanged gifts and I let Noah open his first.
Inside held a rainbow pride flag, along with some pins with some witty phrases, and a leather bound copy of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. He was so happy, you could see the twinkle in his eye. He then leaped over to me and gave me a hug. We all laughed as he thanked me and collected his items before motioning for me to open my gift.
He got me a few candles which smelled like cinnamon, pine, and wild berry, along with a well of ink and a pen to go with a manuscript journal. I smiled and thanked him before collecting the shredded paper and throwing it into the recycling.
Jenna offered us both a brownie and some ice cream, but we declined, and headed up to my room for the night.
While Noah changed into his pajamas in my bathroom, I turned on my TV to Netflix before setting the candles around my room, and shelving my new journal and ink well and pen. By then, Noah was done.
"Pick something, I'll be fine with whatever." I said before grabbing some sweatpants and a hoodie I had stolen from Tyler and heading into my bathroom to change.
I scowled at my bruises for the millionth time since I came back to school before sliding the hoodie over my tiny frame. When I came out I saw Noah sprawled out across my giant bed on his phone.
"Any room for me?" I asked, jokingly.
"Nope, sit on the floor peasant." He said before looking over at me with a smile. He then moved to make room for me and showed me the movie he decided on. It was a horror movie, which I'm glad to say we both like horror movies.
We were in the middle of the third movie when Tyler came in and told us we should go to bed, even if tomorrow is a half day of school. We obeyed and pulled the sheets back on my bed. We shared a bed because we trusted each other, plus, Noah liked men and I honestly didn't care.
We fell asleep not long after.

-DLJ