XI

It was nearing the start of the show and I asked Tyler if I could go and watch.
"From where, though?" He asked while buttoning his shirt. "I don't know, all that I know is that I want to be with fans." I said. Josh answered me.
"You sure about that? Our fans can be a little wild." He said. "I'm positive." I stated. Tyler looked like he was having trouble with his collar so I went to help button it up.
"I'll ask Mark to see where some empty seats are and then you can decide." Tyler said as I finished. I nodded. "In the meantime, you might want to change into something else, you don't want to get that ruined." Josh said. I nodded before running back out to the bus and unzipping my suitcase.
I put on some black jeans, converse, a jean jacket, and a twenty one pilots tank-top before securing a tiny yellow flower-crown onto my head. I stuck my ID inside my jacket so fans wouldn't see that I was with the crew, and ran back out and into the venue.
I opened the door to Tyler and Josh's room to find Mark there too. All of the men turned to me.
"Good you're dressed, people are starting to come in." Tyler said. "I have a few options for ya kid." Mark said. "You could be down in front of the barricade, in the seats to the left of the stage, or up high on the right side of the stage. There is no way I'm letting you into the pit." He listed. I nodded and considered my options.
"I'll do to the left of the stage." I stated. They all nodded. "Well go get seated, and bring your phone. Show starts in a half hour." Tyler said. I nodded and followed Mark out of the room. I heard Josh yell something like 'have fun' but I wasn't for certain.
Mark handed me off to Brad Heaton, the photographer, to avoid suspicion when we came through the stage door.
Brad showed me where to sit, or stand if I wanted too, and then disappeared into the dark arena. I sat down and listened to conversations of the people around me, which was interesting.
I heard a group of girls a few rows in front of me talking about what lane they were in, and why that lane was better. A group of four twenty-something year old men behind me were talking about Josh and his drums, and there was this couple sitting to my right talking about their favorite songs and why they liked them. It was an okay mix of conversations to listen too for the time being. It wasn't until the screens behind the piano and drumset turned red that everyone started screaming, which honestly was kind of annoying to me. I smiled and stood up like everyone and listened to the electronic opening of Heavydirtysoul before Josh and Tyler kicked off the night.

The show was amazing, and beautiful, and splendid, and every other adjective along those lines. Stressed Out made me want to learn bass, and Holding On To You was hilarious because Tyler jumped onto the piano weird and ended up falling but still continued to sing. Goner made me cry because of how emotional it is, but Trees made me so happy. I caught some confetti and put it in my ID, which is laminated.
When the show was over, I let everyone around me clear out before me, and I made sure nobody else was there.
I skipped down the stairs and past Brad who smiled at me. "What did you think?" He asked. "It was amazing!" I exclaimed. "Well get used to being amazed kid." He said before walking off. I ran back to Tyler and Josh's room, and knocked first, before hearing a faint 'come in'. I burst through the door and threw myself onto the couch.
"It was so cool! Watching you play bass makes me wanna learn it." I yelled into the cushion. Both Tyler and Josh laughed. "I'm glad you liked it Nico." Tyler said. I turned to face the ceiling so I could breathe, but a certain red-head blocked my view.
"Want a hug?" Josh asked. "Ew no you're gross and sweaty." I complained. He laughed and walked away. "Did you get some confetti?" Asked Tyler. "Yeah, I put it in my ID, but otherwise I don't know what to do with it." I said. "You know what you should do? You should get confetti from every show you're at and put it into a journal. You could write the date and arena or festival it was at too." Josh suggested. I smiled. "That sounds like a good idea, but where would I get a new journal?" I asked. "We could go out and get you one tomorrow, as well as glue." Tyler said. "Sure, I'm up for it." I said. "Sick, now go get on the bus and wait, we'll be out in twenty minutes, and then we'll go back to the hotel." Josh instructed.
I obeyed and went out to the bus. I took my flower crown off, as well as the rest of my outfit, and changed into my night clothes, since I would most likely crash as soon as I hit the bed.
The boys climbed onto the bus as I was watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer on the Hallmark Channel like the nerd I am. Tyler and Josh sat down next to me. Tyler payed attention to the movie while Josh was on his phone. I leaned my head on Tylers shoulder because I was tired and he didn't do anything to stop me.
I fell asleep not even ten minutes after we left the venue.

Two chapters this weekend
-DLJ