IV

Everything had been finalized, papers had been signed. Tyler said that he'd pick me up around noon tomorrow and that I should get packing. He left me with a hug before walking out the door. As soon as it shut I booked it to my room. "CONNIE GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Mr. Bishop yelled. I slammed my door and locked it. I also have that key as well. Three keys, one me. He banged and banged on the door. I just took out my earbuds, my IPod, and played some My Chemical Romance as loud as it could go. I pulled out the dusty trunk that was given to me since I was born and unlocked it. Inside was a letter from my mom and dad, telling me what happened. I like to think they just ditched me because they wanted a son.
I took the letter out and went to my closet and grabbed my clothes, which wasn't very much. I stuffed it into my case but then remembered my piano room. What am I gonna do about that?  I finished and locked my case before peaking out my door to see if Mr. Bishop was there. He wasn't. I crept down the stairs and to my room.
I looked around at the scattered mess of journals, books, and paper. I had only three crates so I went through it all.
I kept every journal, but discarded a lot of paper. I fit all the journals into one case and the books into one and half of the last one. I put the papers in the remaining space and set the crates by the door. I walked out of the room after I grabbed a journal and locked the door. When I got to the stairs everyone was walking towards the dining hall. I didn't feel like eating so I went back up to my room.
I jumped and landed on my bed before laying down and writing something new.
'Gravestones'

I fell asleep writing even though It wasn't that late and woke up at nine. Only three more hours until I leave. But, when I went downstairs to eat something Tyler was already there. I looked at him, confused.
"I decided to come early." He said. I nodded. "Can I eat first? I'm already packed." I asked. He nodded with a smile as I ran to the dining room. Nothing was set out for me so I went into the kitchen for an apple. I came back out and finished the apple before discarding it and going back to the main hall where Tyler was talking to Mr. Bishop. I slid past and went up to my room and packed the last of my things and grabbed them before lugging the cases downstairs. I got to the second flight when Tyler came running and grabbed one of my two cases from my hands. "Thanks." I said as I continued down the stairs.
We put my things in the trunk of his car before going back to my piano room and grabbing my books and papers from there. I drew the curtains closed, locked the piano, and locked the room. We walked back out to the car and set the last of my things in the trunk before going back inside to finish up some paper work.
As Tyler was signing the last of the papers I took the key to my bedroom off my chain and gave it back to Mr. Bishop. He looked confused. "My room." I stated. His face faltered for a second but then went back to normal because Tyler was done.

We drove through the city to get to Tyler's house and I was amazed. I didn't know how much the city had developed since I was brought here. I looked out the window and gaped at the tall buildings with their windows shining like freshly cleaned mirrors.
"Do you want some actual food? We have some time before Jenna will get home and I know you didn't have much for breakfast." Tyler asked. "Sure." I said. He took me to a local diner and I had pancakes. Tyler asked me more questions, like what my favorite color was and what was my favorite flower. I answered every one honestly.
We finished and Tyler got a text as soon as he sat down in the car.
"Jenna is home, you ready?" He asked, looking back at me. I smiled in response and looked out the window at the passing cars.

When we got there Jenna was sitting on the porch waiting. It was a quaint yellow, two-story house with black shutters and a white porch. She came over as soon as I got out of the car and hugged me. I was shocked at her fowardness but accepted it. Tyler had gotten both of my suitcases out of the trunk and left Jenna and I with my crates of music, papers, and books. I got one while Jenna got the other and shut the trunk. She guided me up the stairs and down a narrow hallway. She opened the door to reveal a all white room, a white dresser, desk, and bed. In fact, the bed didn't have any sheets on it, but did have my two suitcases on it. I set the crate down by my desk and Jenna did that with hers.

"Am I aloud to decorate?" I asked quietly. Jenna turned to me and smiled. "Of course you're aloud to decorate! We can go shopping right now if you'd like." She offered. I nodded and followed her downstairs where Tyler was standing idle. "Going shopping?" He asked. Jenna nodded and took the keys from Tyler before walking out the door. "Are you not coming?" I asked Tyler quietly. "Do you want me too?" He asked. I thought for a moment, then shook my head no, and walked out the door.

-DLJ