IX

I continued school for another week before I heard the word tour again.
I occasionally would talk to Noah, but I spent my lunch alone and preferred to keep to myself when it came to partner discussions in class.
I had a lot of homework, even though I was new, so I spent majority of my afternoons, and sometimes evenings,  doing homework. I would normally have to be pulled out of my room to go to dinner, even on Fridays.
I had finished my homework early tonight so I was reading when Jenna called me for dinner. I complied and went downstairs, and I don't think they were expecting me to come down willingly, because when I did, I heard them talking about tour.
"Tour is in a week Jenna, when am I going to ask her? She's constantly working and we have to pull her away. It doesn't feel right to take her on tour when she's working on her studies." I heard Tyler say. "It's okay Tyler, you can ask her tonight, or this weekend. We can sign her up for online school so she doesn't miss a beat of school work." Jenna consoled. "Okay." Tyler breathed. I then walked into the room and I saw Jenna and Tyler look at me like I was crazy.
"What? I finished homework early." I stated. We sat down and ate and then Tyler popped the question.
"Connie, there's a tour coming up for the band, and we were wondering if you would like to come with us? We'd be gone over your birthday, but we could still celebrate." Tyler reasoned. "Yeah, I'll go." I said, sounding like I truly wanted to go, but inside I was thinking about how I wasn't so sure.
Tyler and Jenna both looked relieved.
"That's great! We leave next week." Tyler smiled. "Did you tell the principal for my school, or do I have too?" I asked. "No, I haven't, but I'll tell him for you." He said. I nodded and took a bite.

The week had gone by as normal and on the day before I left I turned in my textbooks so I could have them when I returned, and emptied my locker of my things. Noah came up to me as I was cleaning out my locker.
"Are you leaving so soon?" He asked. "I'll be back around November, I think." I stated. "Where exactly are you going?" He asked. I never told anyone my real last name, so Noah didn't know about my life. "Um, around the United States. My dad's a traveling musician." I kept my answer as vague as possible. "Cool! I wish I could come." He smiled. I zipped up my bag and turned to him only to be hugged. I didn't know how to react so I just stood there.
"I know we don't even know each other that well, but I'll miss you Connie." He said. I faked a smile. "Me too Noah." I said.
I grabbed my bag and slammed my locker shut, and locked it. Noah walked outside with me and I saw Josh waiting with his car.
"I gotta go, see ya Noah." I said. He smiled sheepishly. I felt bad, so I hugged him. He stood there for a second before he wrapped his arms around me. I started to walk away, but Noah grabbed my wrist.
"Um, here's my number, if you wanna talk." He said, giving me a small scrap of paper. "Thanks Noah, goodbye." I smiled before  walking towards Josh's car.
"That's Noah?" He asked as I sat in my seat. "Yeah, I feel bad about leaving him here." I said quietly. "You can text him, right?" He asked as he pulled out of the schools' driveway. "Mhm, in fact, he just gave me his number." I said, while looking at the paper. "Ooh, Nicos got a boyfriend!" Josh teased. "Josh! I do not have a boyfriend. I have a friend that's a boy, that's it." I whined. "I know, I know, I'm just messin' with you." He smiled into the review mirror. I bit the inside of my cheek.
I spent the evening with Jyler and Jebby, eating and talking. But halfway through I excused myself to go pack my things. I started to back what was required on the list that Tyler gave me and then added what I wanted too.
I was almost done packing when there was a soft knock on the door.
"Nico? Are you doing alright?" I heard Jenna ask as she stepped inside my room. "Yeah, just finishing up packing." I said as I zipped one suitcase shut.
"Okay, just make sure when you're done you go right to bed, you have an early start tomorrow." She said. I nodded as she turned and walked away. I finished packing and I went to go put my suitcases downstairs when I saw Josh walk into the guest bedroom. He must be staying here for tonight. I set my suitcases by the door and I walked back up stairs and into bed.
I finally took the time to type in Noah's number into my phone and text him.

Connie: Is this Noah?

Noah: yes it is! hello Connie

Connie: hello Noah, just saying goodnight

Noah: goodnight Connie

I then set my phone down, and went straight to sleep.

I am on a roll
-DLJ