VIII

School was, eventful, to say the least. No one really talked to me, and I didn't even attempt to talk to anyone else, so I didn't really have to deal with people. At lunch I sat by myself and read a book a had brought along while eating and I had a grand time alone.
Once school got out I saw a text from Jenna saying she would pick me up in twenty minutes, so I waited outside on a bench and read.
Someone sat down next to me so I scooted down, but they moved with me. I kept reading before I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see a boy with long hair and glasses. "Hi, I don't think I've seen you around before." He greeted. I shrugged and continued to read. "I'm Noah Parker, I think I'm in your Creative Writing class." He said, sticking his hand out for me to shake. "Connie Starr, I believe you are." I said before shaking his hand. He smiled before adjusting his glasses.
"Connie!" I heard Jenna yell. "I gotta go." I said while putting my book in my bag. "See ya around." Noah smiled. "Yeah." I said before waving and running to Jenna's car.
I sat down and buckled up.
"How was it?" She asked. "It was, eventful." I stated. "Make any friends?" She said while pulling up to a stoplight. "No, didn't really feel like it." I shrugged. "Then who was that just then?" Questioned Jenna. "Noah Parker, he sat down and started to talk to me not long before you arrived." I explained. "Find out anything about him?" She asked. "He's in my Creative Writing class." I stated. "Thats good, you know someone at least." She reasoned. "I guess." I mumbled.

When we got home I climbed the stairs to my room and collapsed on my bed facefirst, and groaned. I get tired from being in certain environments, and school was one of them. I stayed like that for a few more minutes before finally deciding to be productive with myself. I set my bag down and started to walk down the hallway and down the stairs to the living room to watch Netflix, but I stopped halfway because I heard Tyler, Josh, and Jenna talking in Tyler and Jenna's room in hushed voices. My interested self wanted to hear what they would say so I stood outside the door and listened to what I could hear.
"I dunno, should we push the tour back? We just got her..." I heard Tyler say. "No, give her the option to come, if she doesn't want too, she could stay here and continue to go to school here." Josh said. "I'd be willing to stay with her, but it's up to you two if you want her on tour." Jenna said.
I went downstairs after this, leaving them behind because one: I had heard enough, and two: I didn't wanna get caught.
A tour, huh? It'd be nice to travel and see the world. But yet again, that's a lot of people I would see and meet and that doesn't sit well with me.
They soon came downstairs as I was watching Sherlock on Netflix and Jenna started to work on dinner so I went to the kitchen to help her. We cooked in silence then sat down to eat with Josh.
"So, how was school?" Tyler asked. "Not bad, but not good." I said before taking a bite of my food. "Meet anyone?" Josh asked. "Met a kid named Noah Parker. He has long hair and a pair of glasses. He's in my creative writing class. Thats all I know about him." I explained. "Cool, you think you'll be friends?" Josh continued. "I don't know, maybe." I shrugged. "Meet anyone else?" Questioned Tyler. "I didn't bother to meet anyone else." I said quietly. Tyler and Josh didn't ask anything else about school.

Two chapters in one day? Unheard of.
-DLJ