XII

I woke up at two AM in a bed I was not familiar with. I was sharing a room with Tyler and Josh, and luckily they didn't hear my loud panting and gasps for air.
I quickly rushed to the bathroom to make sure they wouldn't hear me and I just sat there, taking deep breaths. Eventually I calmed myself down, but was still thinking about my night terror, so I grabbed a journal and a pencil
before walking back into the bathroom.
I continued to work on a song I had started, but put on pause for the time being.
I eventually became tired again around five AM, so I put my journal and pencil away and crawled back into bed.

I woke up to Josh and Tyler talking to each other about nothing in particular, so I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
"Finally she's up! You slept in late, any idea why?" Asked Josh. "No, I have no clue." I lied through my teeth while looking at the clock. 11:23. Huh, almost noon.
"If you get up now we can go get brunch then go shopping for what you need, maybe even go sight seeing." Tyler said. "Cool." I said while pulling the covers back and start to dig around my suitcase. "How warm is it?" I asked to no one in particular. "Sixty- three degrees(17°C)." Tyler stated. I then pulled out some black jeans and a dark grey-green long sleeved top. I went to the bathroom and changed, but when I looked in the mirror, I looked like a dead girl walking. I sighed and walked back out. I pulled on some black socks before slipping on some black leather Victorian boots and tying them. I then grabbed my phone and wallet and walked over to the boys.
"Ready?" Asked Josh. I nodded and we walked out the door.
We walked farther than I anticipated but I was overall fine. We finally stopped at a place called A Baked Joint.
We walked in and sat down without any complications and placed our orders. Josh and Tyler both got coffee while I got a chai latte. Josh took a sip of my drink while he thought I wasn't watching, and didn't expect it to be as spicy as it was. I laughed at his pained expression.
"How on Earth do you drink that?"Josh questioned after he swallowed the liquid. "I grit my teeth and bear it, trust me, I don't normally like a chai latte this way either, but I guess that's just how this place makes it." I explained. Tyler chuckled at this.
We sat on our phones before our food came.
I got a lemon muffin with some yogurt and fruit, Josh got french toast that was stuffed with Nutella, and Tyler got a normal breakfast plate of eggs and bacon. I tried Josh's french toast and didn't like it. It was too sweet. I was eating my fruit when I saw that Tyler was taking a picture of me. I hid my face with my hand and he laughed.
"C'mon, I'm trying to send a picture of you to Jenna, she wants to know how you're doing." Tyler whined.
"Then tell her I am doing fine. There's no need to send a picture of me." I said before stuffing my face with a chunk of pineapple. Tyler texted her, but later when we were buying some pastries to go, I knew he took a picture of me.
Josh bought some cookies, Tyler picked a piece of pie, and I got another lemon muffin. I was about to get away with paying with the debit card Tyler so graciously gave me, but Tyler swiped his card before I could do that with mine and I was kinda mad.
I grabbed my muffin lightly from the kind cashier but glared at Tyler as we walked out of the restaurant.
"I could've payed for it myself with the card you gave me." I complained. "Well, I wanted to pay for you since I'm with you. When you're on your own you can use it. But I am your father, I pay for your things." Tyler explained. I grumbled as we walked farther down the street. Eventually we found a book store and got the journal, and I paid for it this time. The only reason why that happened was because the boys were looking at music. I found them and showed the journal.
We then found a craft store and Tyler paid for the 2.49 pack of two glue sticks. I kinda laughed.
We walked around the capital and saw some iconic monuments. I saw a statue of Alexander Hamilton and was in awe for a solid minute before Josh pulled me away.
Overall, DC was quite fun, but I was ready for the next city.

Three chapters, holy h*cc
-DLJ