6: SPOOK

Kazzandra was left alone inside, thinking about the way Joshua reacted on what she said. What nerve did she strike back there? Was she right? Was that what he was doing here all along? Hiding?

Her appetite left her and she just put the sandwich back on the plate. She's been feeling so much nerve that she couldn't control her emotions around him.

Joshua Hong. He unsettles her. He rattles her so easily. The way he talk, every word he says, his rough attitude, his chinky eye smile, his personal scent . . . the way he looks at her – just him.

No one ever made her feel like this. Even her brothers' friends, the models she works with, even when she met the guy whom she thought . . . it was all buried deep under mud water.

Her teeth worried on her bottom lip and realized she had been unpleasant to him. Well, he was very morbid towards her too, but still . . . She thought maybe she should thank him. He made her breakfast after all, washed her clothes, lit the fire to keep her warm last night and . . . well, he helped her not to fall sick, didn't he? And though he was nothing but mean to her, he still took care of her.

Perhaps she should've just said told him thank you and apologize too for being insensitive. Her Mother said it's always best to be kind and tolerant even when you want to be is vindictive. Kill your enemy with kindness. That's what grace and elegance is.

Kazzandra sighed abjectly and got on her feet. She's not nearly sure what to tell him but she still walked out of the kitchen, abandoning her cup of coffee to follow Joshua.

Her steps faltered as she emerged from the door. Her forehead creased on what she's seeing. His back yard is a paradise!

Joshua's land was wide. Now that the sun is breaking through the clouds, she can see the beauty of the land. The green meadow blanketed the ground, still moist from the morning dew and branches of cherry blossom trees surrounded the fences which added vibrancy to the whole place. Hectares of vegetables and fruits planted in an organized line as far as her eyes could see.

This place is not as bad as she'd seen it yesterday. Well, his front yard looks scary than the back. It's like he's hiding the beauty of the place with its appearance at the front.

Kazzandra roamed her eyes around and looked for a trace of Joshua. She doesn't know where to find him. She saw another house and a stable far from here. And an ominous forest ahead of the trail.

Did he enter into the woods?

Taking a full deep breath, she walked out of the open gate of the fence to seek for the master of the house. Since she didn't saw him outside, she first went to search inside the house.

She heard movements from the inside, like scratches. And since the door is partially open, she let herself in. She immediately saw him taking out some boxes and she's glad he's not in his shirtless glory. But his tight backside was still distracting as ever.

Her boots tapped as she stepped in, the sound pronouncing her presence which made him stop and his body immediately stiffened.

He emitted a loud grunt to make sure she heard him and it doesn't take a second guess that she's not welcome here, and that he's annoyed that she had the nerve to show up here.

She cleared her throat while slowly approaching him. She said to herself that she won't be intimidated by him. But his muscled back is a force she couldn't contain.

"You don't need to worry." She said slightly stuttering as she stopped her steps. She even tried a laugh but it sounded tremulous. She cleared her throat again. She doesn't feel nervous on times like this but for ones, she is right now.