8: CERTAIN

Kazzandra didn't waste time the next day. She woke up early and rushed down stairs. She was hoping she was early enough to catch her brothers for breakfast as she strode down the staircase. She wants to tell them something, especially Mino.

After spending hours of swimming in the pool yesterday, she has finally decided to make the most out of her time convincing Joshua Hong to agree with her propositions. And that involves as them being a funding partner of JH Foundation.

She knows he said he didn't want money. He didn't care about money. Perhaps he's filthy wealthy, that's why. But based on what she read in the internet, Joshua might be rich, but he's losing JH Foundation. It was already losing its investors because of the crime Joshua had been charged with.

That's why he chose to manage the farm than being doctor. His reputation as a famous brilliant neurosurgeon was tarnished by that accusation — accusation that he owned and admitted by himself.

After that accident almost four years ago, Joshua was never seen on any hospitals even their very own hospital. He left his profession and spent his life in his farm after all the accusations.

At least, that was the tale she read in the article about him. But she has this niggling feeling that there's more to the story than that. She doesn't know what, but she can feel it, drawn to it.

That's why she will go back to the ranch and make sure that Joshua would give the land to her brother, whatever it takes. And she will know what really happened to him.

It's insane, really. Why should she care or even bother to find out the truth when he didn't do anything to gain her good side? But she thought of Irene. Is she living her in Seoul? On what she read, mentions about his wealthy family.

But then, maybe she's wrong. It's the same year when his family came back from US, right? Maybe Irene was already here too.

Kazzandra don't want to play Sherlock Holmes. But while she's at this deal, she wants to know everything she can know about Joshua Hong.

Apart from her phone and the deal, she is returning because of him and she will make sure that the secrets cloaking Joshua Hong will unfold.

"Kazzandra. You're up early today." It was Yerin's voice.

Kazzandra's head rose as she made a bee line to their family dining room and she saw her there, preparing her brother's breakfast. Thank God he's still here.

Mino looked above his newspaper he was reading and greeted her with a smile. "Good morning. How's your sleep?"

"Fine." She answered and slid into her chair. She also greeted their butler and house maid that's standing behind her brother.

Her mouth watered as she looked over the small round table packed with appetizingly delectable foods and fruits. They always eat there especially when it's just them siblings. They just use the main dining area when everyone, even their parents are around. But since Mom and Dad are not here yet, and her other brother who's abroad celebrating their wedding anniversary and the other one who's single and is living his life at his condo, they have the mansion all for ourselves. For now.

"Are you going somewhere today? I thought you said you wanted to stay home and rest." Yerin said when they started eating.

Kazzandra glanced at her brother who seemed so engrossed with whatever tabloid he was reading. But she can tell he was anxious by the way his brows were creasing and the stiff way he held the paper.

"I need to return to that ranch." She almost smiled when Mino looked over at her. "I forgot my phone and my planner. All of my schedules and reminders are there."