22: HARMONY

MIA KAZZANDRA's POV

I was still wearing the shawl Minkyung let me borrow. I tried to give it back, but Joshua asked it from her to let me use it and he'll be the one to return it. It was nice because it helped me get warm for now. I suddenly regret not bringing my own jacket.

While I was waiting for Joshua as he bids his goodbye to Mr. Lee, I took the time to talk to Yerin Eonnie over the phone. I asked about our parents, my brother and my nephew and niece.

I chose not to talk to him because I know he would just tell me to go back home or maybe worse than that. If he'll decide for me to go home, then he'd be shooting this opportunity straight down to the toilet.

He just can't pull me out of here, especially when I'm already here. I have a chance here and soon, Joshua will give in. He will change his mind and Mino Oppa will have the land.

But until then, I can't let his brotherly protectiveness cloud his judgment.

"Let's go." Joshua beckoned as soon as he walked out of the door. He just walk pass by me and didn't even wait for me.

People waved at me, bidding their goodbyes with smiles as I followed Joshua across the gate. Well, at least the night still ended well despite what happened. I just hope that after this night, the people here would change their mindset about Joshua. And I just hope I won't see those bastards' faces again.

The whole ride back to Luna Castillo was all silent. Maybe because we're tired or just sleepy, I guess. It was past ten when we left the party.

But even if I think that, there's this niggling feeling inside me, a thought that it's not just because of that. Joshua was giving me the cold shoulder.

I just closed my eyes and pretended to sleep as I silently listen to the roaring engine of Joshua's truck. Seriously? He's doing this right now to me? After making me feel flustered and confused?

Is it because of my question? Does it bother him that much?

But honestly, I didn't know what come to me to even ask that stupid question. Every time I ask that question, I always get two answers — either they laugh it off or say no. And it made me realize that this world is actually full of cynical people.

Why? I mean, why don't they believe in love? How can they not believe that love is here? That it exists? And how didn't they try loving someone.

How come Joshua seemed to doesn't believe in love?

I know he didn't say that verbally. But he doesn't need to say anything because it was there in his eyes.

I thought about the operation that happened before and does it have a connection on his view about love. To be accused falsely for something he didn't mean to do was cruel, yes — but it isn't something that could make him feel cynical about love. At least, that's what I think.

Or maybe he left a girlfriend in States? Maybe someone hurt him?

Hell, why am I even thinking about this? So what if he doesn't believe in love or haven't tried lowing someone? It's not even important to me.

Liar! Of course, it's important to you. After what happened to you, you were looking for someone who could assure you that love is real.

I sighed from the absurdity of that thought. I already saw the kind of love that could last a lifetime. I saw it from my brothers and their significant others. That's why I don't need the views and opinion of someone who doesn't believe in love.

After a while I felt Joshua's driving slow down. I opened my eyes and I saw he was already driving passed the gates of his mansion. I craned my neck just in time to take a look at the empty lawn across the gate and the ruins of the old house that was once standing there.