34: NEMESIS

MIA KAZZANDRA's POV

I woke up with my phone ringing nonstop. I pushed the blanket that's been covering my face away as I rolled over to get my phone on the nightstand. I didn't bother checking who called me as I answered it immediately.

"Where the heck are you?!" Wen Junhui just shouted through the phone. I pulled my phone away from my ear for a few seconds.

"Hello to you too, Kim Mingyu."

"Where are you?" He asked in a dead serious tone. I sat up and looked around me. "I'm at BoA Manor. Junhui bought me here last night."

"Damn, Wen!" He hissed. "What time are you coming back here in Castillo Luna?"

"I don't really know." I shrugged my shoulders even if he can't see me. "I don't know with Junhui."

"I'm dropping by this afternoon. Ride with me back here. You're already there, that means you know all about what's happening to Hyung. It's too risky." I can hear him moving around then and then the line went off. I moved out of the bed and wore the pair of slippers on the floor not knowing whether it's for me or not.

I tried calling Junhui but he's not answering. I tried again. But still no answer. Is he already awake? He might not be happy if I get out of my room without him knowing . . .

But since I'm pure rule breaker, I got out of the room without even knowing where Junhui's room is located. There's no one in the hall, and it seems like as if the whole mansion doesn't have people. I wander mindlessly looking around, until I heard voices. I look for where it came from and it led me to a door, it's slightly ajar so I move close to see who are inside. The siblings, except Mingyu.

Irene's back was turned to me with her hands on his waist while talking to Junhui. Seungcheol Oppa was pacing back and forth, with his forehead creased. "So you're saying the two might be connected?"

Irene nodded. "They could do that to drag us down at the same time hitting their exact target."

"Do they have a lead on who did it?" Seungcheol Oppa stopped pacing as Jeonghan Oppa fired the question.

"I need to talk with Mingyu first; he's with PJ and the team last night. They traced something, it matched to our conclusion."

"Conclusion? And that is?" Wonwoo crossed his arms over his chest.

"An empire enemy maybe? But I'm not sure. It could be anything or anyone." Irene said. "My hints are not really that clear. It's too hard to connect everything but I know this connects to someone who wants to take revenge on something." She continued.

"And that's your clue?" Soonyoung then joined the heated exchange of words.

"Clue? What are we suppose to be figuring out then, Soonyoung Oppa?" Irene groans and looks at his elder brother.

"I don't know. What does Joshua have to do with all of this?" Soonyoung Oppa said.

Jihoon Oppa suddenly chuckled. "It's not that simple, my dear siblings. Revenge could go beyond what you can't even imagine."

"Like that can help!" Irene fired out and released loud sigh.

"But why would they do that, what do they want? And by bombing the empire, wow. It's either they're just brave or they're someone as big as us."

"The Ball." Dokyeom answered bluntly. "The Empire was open to all that time, they must've taken it as an opportunity and all of us are too occupied to even notice. It's as easy as come and go."

"But no one entered illegally because the Empire Ball invitations are exclusive." Lee Chan answered.

"That's our mystery right now, no one came in illegally but the night after the party but something happened."