23: DROP - IN

It must be past nine, Kazzandra thought as she stayed on her bed with my eyes closed. She should probably wake up and start her day but she just kept listening to the engine roaring outside the walls of her room thinking how funny she looks right now, that she was actually acting like a lovesick puppy to think she hadn't even gotten a proper sleep from last night.

Normally, any sound that threatens her sleep like this one is considered a noise — irritating noise. And this should annoy her. But as of the moment, I don't feel like she's in her normal self. Somehow, knowing who's out there just makes her smile instead.

Goodness, Mia Kazzandra. You're in deep, serious trouble, you know that?

She couldn't help but mentally shake her head and ignore that warning voice. She chose to listen to Joshua's car roaring engine instead of that voice inside her head. It's okay to hear them, she thought, but she doesn't want to listen and just stay in this moment where she can let herself float in the air and remember the memory of last night.

Unwittingly, she reached for her lips and found them curved up in a smile. It's so stupid to feel this happy with just one simple goodnight kiss, but it's just the way she feels. Until this time, she could clearly feel Joshua's kisses from last night. The soft brush of his firm lips against hers, the manly scent of his body, the warm air coming out from his breath . . . It was so out of the blue it almost felt like a dream.

But, it also confused her, like a dream it was.

And that made her harder to sleep last night. She kept on thinking why, why . . . why. Why did he do that? Why Joshua did kiss her?

May for others it won't be a big deal . . . but for her, it is. It would be nice if it would stay nothing for her. Maybe she could act like it didn't mean anything. But deep down, she wishes there was. That it meant something.

My God! I'm on my way to ruin, am I?

She drew a huge breath and released it in a long hiss. What happened was all so out of the plan. She doesn't mean this to happen — she doesn't want this to happen. None of this. But instead of feeling frustrated and disappointed, she felt happy. Euphoric even. And it's not right.

What if Joshua's planning something? What if he planned to lure her in and make her feel miserable and confused and play with her well just to send her away? What if that was some act of deception?

She's getting crazy of thinking too much. Of course, Joshua Hong wouldn't do it. He's not that type of a person and thinking like that is useless.

Kazzandra immediately opened her eyes when she heard some knocking on her door. Her heart jolted as though it jumped right out of her ribs.

"Are you up?" Joshua called behind the door that made her chest thump loudly. "Get out if you're ready. Breakfast is served."

She hurriedly stood up from bed and looked at the door as if Joshua's coming in through it. But then she remembered it was locked. Clearing sleep off of her eyes, she quickly ran to the bathroom and washed her face to freshen up.

She can't believe she's being all lazy again. God! She shouldn't make a habit out of this. He prepared breakfast again! He might get mad at her for getting up late and even let him prepare them breakfast.

But it's Saturday. He said she doesn't have to work on weekends.

She quickly brushed her teeth before getting out and thought of how she should address him while she put on a new shirt and trousers. Kazzandra really don't know. Maybe she'll pretend he didn't kiss her last night. That would be safer.

She's tying her hair as she descends the stairs. She found Hades lying comfortably on the floor downstairs. He must've heard her coming when he stirred and looked for the noise. Did he have his breakfast already? Joshua always eats with him.