44: SCARE

MIA KAZZANDRA's POV

The threats and mobbing on different divisions of the empire keeps on coming and rising. The other divisions that are still not yet attacked are on heightened security. Other towns are also alerted and the security people are just everywhere.

The whole Carat Empire is in chaos. The Business Circle are on much greater chaos since the others are also getting involve and I'm more scared. Irene's prediction is slowly coming true. This might all end up in a war which I hope will not happen.

The Empire Board is doing everything they can to keep tabs on it and to control it but it's not enough. The enemies are too unpredictable and they are on a large scale. It was like they're trained. I've had enough seeing casualties, thank you very much.

The Empire Board knows they attack when ordered. With the news of the Carats Heirs leaving the country made the situation worse but at least they're safer. The people are more afraid everytime they here news about the siblings. Double the trouble. The casualty rate goes higher.

They won't stop and things will get worse until they get what they want.

I'm scared, really scared. What I one day everything would suddenly stop because they already have who they wanted?

What's going to happen next? Peace? I doubt that.

It was around five in the afternoon when Seungwan barged into my condo as I'm just lazing around. 'Yoongi wants me to spend all his money.' Seungwan's words not mine. So she called me up to shop, which I agreed. We'll just hang around the city center and I'm with Son Seungwan, I'm sure Yoongi won't let his girl unsecured. So what's the worst that could happen?

The city center is bustling with people. It's close to Christmas and it's getting colder but even the cold can't stop people from moving around.

We just walk around, entering one shop and another. Then we passed by my favorite candy at chocolates shop. I smiled.

This shop brings back memories.

"Hey, you're smiling." Seungwan commented as she puts some packs of jellies on her cart.

"Nah. Just memories." I wave my hands in a dismissing gesture and she shakes her head on me.

The candies and chocolates that the siblings gave me during my stay at the Empire are still with me. I hardly finish all of it.

"So what's with the rest of the boys hanging on your condo almost everyday?" Seungwan asks without even looking at me as she scans some pack of chocolates.

I sighed and shook my head. "I don't really know with them. Jimin will always be the one planning all the sleepovers and gang out which always ends up on my condo." I shrugged. "It's been two months, Wan. I'm not any close to committing suicide."

"But you're way far from living, hmm?" She smiled sadly at me.

"I'll be fine, Wan. You're here and the others. What more could I ask for?" I said.

Really, Mia Kazzandra? What more could you ask for? The sad voice inside me questions and I just shrug it of because even the others know what the real answer to that is. That's why I need to distract and keep myself busy. I can't forever be lonely.

"Oh, sorry!" I got out of balance when I collided into someone. All of what she's carrying was on the floor; she's carrying boxes of chocolate so I helped her out.

"Sorry." We both said as I returned her chocolates to her.

Then someone pulled me by my arm and it was Seungwan. Surprise and shock evident on her eyes.