11: ESTEEM

MIA KAZZANDRA's POV

I can't stop smiling at myself. I never thought of Joshua Hong buying me any outfit. Just by thinking about it, I start to feel giddy all over again.

"But really? You'll buy me stuffs?" I asked Joshua again.

He pulled an unhappy face and answered me with an irritated grunt that I came to enjoy more. He didn't seem to be glad to be stuck here with me, but if he just knew how many people would want me in their cars.

But no need to tell him that. He doesn't really care.

I don't know why, but it's quite a big deal for me that he's going to give me something to make me feel comfortable while I'm here. This is not the first time someone buys me things.

I am being showered with it by people. My brothers spoil me to no ends. Suitors buy me designer bags, clothes, shoes, flowers, accessories just to gain my attention. But Joshua Hong is different.

I know for certain that he was not doing this to gain something from me. And it's kind of a breath of fresh air.

I realized, it feels nice to be given something without a certain motive. Y brothers are different. They're family. They give you things to make you happy or whenever necessary. But when it comes to other people, especially when it comes from Joshua Hong . . .

I don't know. It amazed me. It's quite something. Especially that he doesn't have any interest on e.

But look! He's buying me a pair of boots and some stuff!

Maybe he just wants me to do hard works such as plowing or whatever. God knows what he planned to do to me, but I won't back down. I might not fit to be a farm girl but I'm not a loser either.

We didn't really drive away further from the house when I notice that there's no such thing as an aircon in his truck. It didn't bother me at first since I don't feel hot or anything.

But one look at his tight hugging jeans that was filled with muscular thighs made me feel the heat all of a sudden. I felt like I'm so small beside him. He's tall, not too muscular but he's really fit. His pictures in the internet doesn't do him any justice, and I'm sure the media will have a feast when they get to see what my eyes are looking right now.

I fanned my hand on my face when the air was starting to feel a little bit suffocating.

Seriously? I should stop looking before this man burned me.

It was late afternoon and the sun was piercing hot. The closed window of his truck is not really helping aside from not having an aircon and sweats are starting to for on my back, so before I get drenched in sweat and get irritated I rolled down his window.

I gasped numerous times when fresh air hit my face. Oh, that felt good!

I didn't get contented with the little wind coming in so I fully rolled down the window on my side. The wind hit my face in such force that had my hair lashing all over the direction. I gathered my hair in one hand while the other one is outside the window, embracing the cold air. This should help me divert my attention and kill the image of Joshua Hong inside my head.

Not long enough when the wind blew stronger making some stands of my hair slip away from my grip.

"Cool enough?" Joshua asked beside me. He had rolled his window down, the reason why the wind felt stronger than before.

I smiled at him through my hair whipping wildly all over my face. "Are you planning to suffocate me by any chance?"

He shot me a side glance, a smirk playing on his lips. "Don't worry. I won't trick you to death. If I want you dead, I'd rather choose to suffocate you with my bare hands."