15: SONG

"What?" Joshua snapped when he noticed that Kazzandra was staring hard at him. Maybe she's starting to bury down a hole on his face.

Kazzandra suppressed a laugh. She can't help but tease him right there and then while he's carrying her. He's not even close to breathing. Maybe he's thinking that she's too heavy for him. And by the minute, he was growing uneasy and awkward, which made him look very charming and adorable, especially when he's struggling to keep his irritation to himself.

Kazzandra tilted her head to look at him properly. A playful smile curved on her lips. "I'm wondering, are you sick? Or you're just guilty for making me chase after those gooddamn chickens?"

He glared at her. "It's part of your work. Why would I be guilty?"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk . . ." Kazzandra shook her head and tightly wrapped her arms around his neck. He then shifted her securely against him so he could carry her and hold her properly, while she feigned ignorance. But it was damn hard!

There's no way she could ignore a powerful and manly presence like Joshua Hong possesses. It's a physical and a mental struggle, especially when he's too close for her liking just like now. She's practically clinging to him for support.

Did he work out? He doesn't have a gym at Castillo Luna, and he's too busy tending to his farm. Maybe that kept him in good shape. And he's not just into that he handles a certain part of the Carat Empire too.

God! He really has hard and lean pectorals that some male models she know would kill for. She could feel his muscles flexing every time he moves, and all she does was squirm away. But it's not only her who could feel this weird awkwardness. Kazzandra could see him clenching his jaw whenever his thighs brush against her bottom. If Joshua could, he would really let her fall.

But he knew he can't because he's the one who picked her up in the first place.

Then later on he entered a room. Joshua brought her into a guest room far from both their rooms. It is more spacious that the room she's been using. She would've wanted it; especially it has a tub and a suite bathroom.

But if she were to pick now, she'd stay in her room. She likes the view best their especially in the morning. Besides, she likes the close distance she has from his room.

Without releasing her, he shouldered his way inside and into the bathroom. She's still wearing his dirty sneakers and he took notice of it that's why he's very careful not to hit the walls with it. He chose to put her down on the closed lid toilet and crouched to remove her shoes silently.

Kazzandra was startled at the brush of the rough pads of his fingers on her skin. His large hand completely covered her ankle as he slid her shoes off one by one. Even if the lines on his forehead is deeper than before, indicating that he's frowning, he still handled her ankles gently, as if they would break if he handled them aggressively.

After putting my dirty shoes aside, he eyes the tub full of water. He turned the faucet off and checked the water temperature. Kazzandra was just sitting there silently watching his every move.

Satisfied, he went back to me with a frown. "Soak in there for thirty minutes. That should be enough to relax your muscles."

She just nodded and absent-mindedly bit her lip. She just can't believe he's doing these things for her. She thought he's irritated again because she defied him and chased his chicken. She thought he wouldn't car even if she dies in tiredness because of all the cleaning.

She thought he's insensitive deep to his bones.

"You want to thank me?"

Kazzandra looked up at him and saw the teasing look he was sporting. "I want to bite you, actually." She smiled sarcastically. He just smirked and turned around.