18: MUDDLED

Kazzandra just finished her breakfast, courtesy of Joshua, and she thinks that was the quickest breakfast she ever had. She just couldn't stand his presence and their tensed silence.

At dinner, he barely said two words to her. She was even surprised that he cooked for dinner at breakfast now. It's supposed to be her who's cooking. Maybe he doesn't want her in his kitchen while he feed Hades.

So typical of him.

And even if it's the tastiest tuna sandwich that she ever tasted, she refused to sit with him. She just brought her food here outside, even two packets of her sweets.

She saw four roosters wandering the ground, so she decided to feed them to kill time. And because she feels like crap, she needs someone to talk to, she just talked to them.

She sighed when her hand was empty. She was digging up her sweets for breakfast. She was supposed to be inside by now, washing dishes. But she doesn't want to go inside, not until the kitchen is empty.

She stayed there for another five minutes, eating her sweets while talking to the chicken. She can't help but laugh at herself. She sounded crazy and she looked like an idiot to be doing this, talking aimlessly to the chickens.

Maybe she should call her Yerin eonnie. But if she calls her . . . she sighed. He'll talk to her brother. They just share everything. Secrets are not for them. But she can always call her younger brother and just threaten him to shut up.

But what would she tell him?

Joshua frowned, worried. He thought about why Nana called him last night. Seungcheol called, and Mingyu mentioned to him that Mia Kazzandra is living with him at Castillo Luna and just like Wonwoo, he wasn't happy. They always thought that Mia Kazzandra is living with Nana and not here in Castillo Luna with him.

He knows how bad that sounds to them and how they took the information. So there's no wonder why he kept calling last night. They are his brothers and the Song brothers are their best of friends.

They were practically taking turns calling him nonstop. After Seungcheol, it would be Jeonghan who'll call. After him, Junhui's name would flash on the screen and then next brothers in line would follow. Good thing Irene's not calling him, because he would've been tempted to take it. Maybe they didn't tell her because she'll go ballistic on him.

Joshua sighed again, watching Mia Kazzandra murmur something to the chickens. He know they didn't like that she's here doing this. And for one moment, he almost answered their calls and tell the 'to hell with this Castillo Luna. I'm done here!' But he just watched how his phone rang on and off.

He really didn't like everything he said yesterday. He knows her woman pride was struck. He was even surprised that she actually took it by heart, even if he says that he's just angry at that time. But he knows that Mia Kazzandra Song does not make excuses for anyone. She's neither a pushover nor a doormat, and no one dares to insult her.

But he did all of that. So why would she let him win?

Just like what Kazzandra told herself before, and also her brothers, she will give him this land. Whatever it takes.

And if Joshua Hong thinks that she'll go away because of what he said, then he's wrong. He should learn by now, nothing can faze her. Not a fvcking nobody and definitely not him.

So even if he's not worth her hard work, at least she'll be doing this for her brothers and her parents.

"Mia? What are you doing here?"