50; DOUBTS

MIA KAZZANDRA's POV

I held onto my necklace.

"The answers are all on you since the very beginning, Mia Kazzandra. Your Dad, he planned and he knows you'll end up the way you are in now and he had always adored the Chois." Hyungwon sighed. His eyes were locked with mine, I can't look away from his beautiful deep green eyes and his deep voice was captivating.

"Then that day of Audrianne's death . . ." He slowly opened the mini chest. "That's when we knew that one of the Sy heiresses, sacrificed herself for you."

I closed my eyes tightly as flashbacks from that traumatic night came crashing onto me.

"You and Joshua Hong are bound to happen, Mia. And you two will end this chaos too." He walked towards me and stood behind me just to push my hair to the side and remove my necklace from my neck.

"But this doesn't belong to you, it doesn't belong to anyone because the evidences that are connected to this necklace is owned by the Council itself." He held the shining jewelry in the air.

"The Chois might pull numerous tricks and strings when that night comes. And you're bound to be one of those powerful women bearing the greatest surnames, but when I first laid eyes on you . . ." He shook his head.

"You're just too simple. You might not be new to the glamorous world we all revolve, and you see the world in your own perspective and you're smart in your own way. But I don't think you're ready to face the consequences of being a Carat Empire woman."

"I have my own doubts and insecurities, Hyungwon." I said through gritted teeth. "I admit, I had contemplation if I'm ready of what's to come or not. I'm not ready to face anything, I admit that, but what's so hard on trying? Taking risks are inevitable but I won't wing it. I don't even know what this whole scheme will do to me but I feel it. I can go through this." I held my chest.

"This battle can either make you or break you, Mia Kazzandra. I don't know how things will end for you. You're already powerful and knowledgeable enough on how our families work but I can see that you still don't know how to use your power and authority completely." He then closed the mini chest again.

"Of all the Carat Empire ladies, Taerin Dominique Kim, Leanne Aianne Altiere, and Jae Kyung Lee, you, Mia Kazzandra Song is staged and planned. If the council didn't change views, they would keep you a secret. You're a prey – an eye catcher to people who are hungry for power. Now that the council will take its fall, you and Joshua will bring it back but I don't know how you'll do it, and the fourth and awaited Carat Empire women finally came."

Trust me, I don't know either.

"Even if you can handle this whole fiasco, I won't give it to you. I will surrender it to the right hands. I don't know how this is all connected to you and now is not the time for taking risk considering the situation you guys are into right now."

"I'm not asking you to give it to me, Hyungwon. I too, am afraid of the consequence I'm gonna face but you already said it, that I was staged and planned, and that I am bound to be here. I hold a piece of evidence every since and I didn't even realize it. Maybe you're right that I'm just too plain and simple and I myself know that too. But when the time comes, I'll get used to everything I might have after this, and then you'll finally trust me. I've got my hands full right now, I've had an identity crisis and I'm still finding myself in the sea of this situation. Everyone has already confirmed my existence in this whole story but I am just so lost."

Then I held out my palm. "I own a piece of it. Hand me my necklace back."

Chae Hyungwon smirked and handed it back. "I like the way you talk, Mia Kazzandra. If only you're not Joshua's then I would gladly take you to become Mrs Chae right here, right now."