chapter 8

"It's alright if you mess up, i'm here to protect you." Hikaru said calmly, attempting to motivate me.

"You only have 1 week until the UA entry exam so this last week is going to be you working on your quirk. "

My quirk is quite manageable. I can condense light, I can take light from one's vision (naming them blind) I can shoot beams of light. It's both good and bright. I can create holographic images but doing that really drain my stamina so I only do that if I have to.

I lifted my hands slowly, straightening them and aiming towards a tree. I took a deep breathe, clearing my mind off any distractions.

'Let it rip'

Suddenly a burst of light travelled and hit the tree head on causing a large hole to emerge from the light. A smile crawled onto my face as I grabbed Hikaru.

"I did it! See! I'm not that bad with controlling my quirk! "I beamed with excitement.

"Good...now just 999 more times to go." he responded while chucking on a smirk and crossing his arms.

'Oh shit... This week is going to be a living hell... '

TIMEUU SKIPUUUU

"Get ready Y/n, after breakfast I want you to go jog to UA. You need to warm up. You know what happens is you don't warm up properly, "

"Yes, yes I do know, I won't be able to control my light properly. "

"Good, now get going. Make your mother and father proud." he chuckled while placing a large grin on his face. A wave of courage washed over me. I got this.

I left the house starting the daily run. UA was about 20 minutes from here while jogging, so i'll have around 5 minutes to spare. I left with my usual training gear. A black tank top and some shorts. Nothing to special.

By the time I turned the corner I saw the high and mighty UA high school. This is my chance! My chance to show everyone that heroes aren't weak, that my parents weren't weak.

I walked in through the prestigious gates. I wonder what it's going to be like? Will we have to dual one another and who ever wins goes through? Will we have to class each other based on how strong our quirks are?

"Sorry I used my quirk on you with our permission! " a bubbly voice echoed the area. I faced her direction, She had short brown hair and eyes, she was short and cute.

She was standing infront of a green messy haired boy. I looked closer.

"Izu-kun?!"

I cupped my mouth realising I said that out loud. He stood up and looked in my direction. His reaction was just the cutest.

His eyes lit up, his smile was genuine and pure.

"I gotta go, i'll see you in there! "he chirped to the brown hair girl as he came running towards me and crashed, tackling me into the floor.

"Y/N - CHAN! oh my god! I missed you so much! "

I laughed hysterically as I hugged him back.

"I missed you too Izu-kun! It's been a while huh?"

"Yes! I can't believe your here! "

"Wait-weren't you considered quirkless Izu-kun?" my question seemed to put the green hair boy on edge a bit.

"Yeah, I was a...uhmmmm late bloomer..."

I smiled brightly. I sat up, lifting him Upwards aswell. I stared at him for a while, he was so strong, his body was also impressive.