⌜ seventeen ⌟

❝jisung you can let go now

jisung you can let go now..❞ chenle said as jisung pushed the door to his mother's hospital room open

jisung didn't force chenle to come, chenle just followed him with his own will. maybe because he didn't want to let go of the younger's hand, same with jisung. the car ride was loud because of yukhei and chenle shouting, and sicheng scolding them. jisung didn't actually speak the whole car ride, he was enjoying himself holding chenle's soft hand, caressing it.

who knew holding a hand could make jisung feel butterflies inside his stomach.

he didn't want to let go. he liked the feeling and was afraid that it would disappear if he would let go ❝oh i'm—

OH MY GOD

the two boys flinched when they heard someone squealing inside the room, it was jisung's mother. seeing her son holding chenle's hand made her unleash her inner fangirl self.

jisung lets go of chenle's hand and quickly made his way towards the seat next to the hospital bed with his cheeks all red.

the mother smiled at chenle and patted the space on the bed to make him sit down. the boy smiled and closed the door before going to them.

jisung then remembered something that'll surely make his mother proud ❝mom, look.

chenle knew what jisung was all excited about ❝and it's all thanks to me.

he pulled out a sheet of paper and showed it to his mom who now has a smiling face. she was happy seeing her son improving in math. she then noticed that jisung was holding to pieces of paper. she took both of them and turned to the paper behind jisung's math test.

a field trip?❞ jisung widened his eyes when he heard his mother say that ❝you're having a field trip?

jisung quickly took both of the papers and placed them inside his bag ❝no, that was nothing.

you should go,❞ the mother smiled ❝it's going to be fun.

jisung shook his head ❝mom, you know we don't have enough—❞ the younger stopped talking when he realized that chenle is there, listening to them.

chenle stared at the two, he knew what's up. he's not that stupid to not understand the situation jisung is in and he badly wants to help.

chenle, sicheng hyung and yukhei hyung are waiting.❞ jisung stood up and grabbed the boy's wrist.

he pulled him up from the hospital bed and dragged him out of the room but chenle successfully retrieved his hand and jisung could only watch chenle go back to the room.

chenle hugged the younger's mother ❝i'll take care of jisung.

the mother smiled, she was happy. she was happy that someone cared for his son, she was happy that someone is loving him other than her, she was happy that chenle and jisung met. she actually thought that chenle is one heck of an annoying dude, since that's what jisung always tells her in the past but now she completely knows what kind of person chenle is.

he is one caring, lovable, friend. and the mother didn't actually mind if jisung would end up with him, she actually wished he would. she knew her son's sexuality and it doesn't stop her from loving his own son. she'll just support him whatever he is, whatever he does in life, and whoever he ends up with.

but she really wants jisung to end up with chenle.

thank you so much chenle.❞ the mother patted the boy's back before letting him separate from the hug.

the boy showed a cute smile ❝get well soon.

the mother nodded and waved at him for the last time as jisung dragged him back again out of the hospital room.

chenle frowned when he saw jisung grabbing him by the wrist and not holding him by the hand. he squirmed his hand under jisung's hold and the younger quickly turned around when chenle got out again but the boy didn't run. he expected for him to run.

not to hold his hand.

chenle smiled sweetly at jisung ❝let's go?

jisung turned back in front, hiding his flushed red face. there was it again, the most amazing feeling, feeling butterflies inside your stomach. the boy walked beside him and smiled as he tightened his grip with jisung's hand.

jisung was now walking slowly, not matching his fast heartbeat. he was enjoying this moment, not knowing why.

they finally reached the ground floor and jisung's steps were now getting slower and slower, which confused chenle. jisung looked like he didn't want to reach the front door.

jisung?

the younger hummed while staring at the front door where people go in and out.

chenle giggled and just followed jisung's pace. if jisung is walking slow then he should to. he didn't want this moment to end, even though he can still hold jisung's hand tomorrow.

they were finally getting somewhere and chenle is both happy and sad. happy because he his making progress with the person he likes— or love, and sad because he was afraid that maybe he is just over thinking. maybe jisung see him as a friend and not someone more than that. maybe it's normal for jisung to hold his friend's hand.

he didn't want to think that jisung might at least have a tiny weeny bitsy small feelings towards him, but the younger's actions make him think that way.

maybe jisung likes him, or maybe not.

the two finally stopped as they reached the front door and there, chenle stood in front of jisung with a smile on his face. the two were still not letting go of their hands.

jisung..❞ chenle lets go of jisung's hand and clearly saw how jisung's face suddenly changed.

jisung didn't want to let go. he was enjoying too much and regretted it. he hated how he wanted to hold chenle's hand forever. but at the same time, he liked holding his hand. he felt safe, he felt like someone is just there in times of trouble, and he felt somewhat happy.

the younger managed to pull out a small smile ❝take care..

chenle took a step forward and hugged the younger. the feeling was different than the feeling when they were holding each other's hand. it was more nicer. he felt more safer. he felt more happier.

can i hold your hand tomorrow?❞ this time it was now chenle who's asking

he felt more than the butterflies in his stomach, he felt the whole zoo.

t b c