Chapter 4

.

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

4.30 pm

"Why will this man return?" Khushi muttered under her breath as she arranged items for pooja, "It's our anniversary and he couldn't even bother wishing me. Khadoos! Laad governor! He hasn't forgotten it. He remembers the party. But he can't wish me! Idiot! Arrogant!"

"Please tell me why we are having a pooja today?" Aarav asked bored as he walked into the mandir.

"It's your parents' anniversary you idiot" Khushi muttered and smacked his head.

Aarav rubbed his head and pouted.

"Get married and your wife will keep fasts for you on karvachauth!" Khushi said.

Aarav scoffed and said, "I already have one keeping fast for me!"

Khushi gasped and turned to her smirking son. "WHO?" she screamed.

"The receptionist at the hospital I work!" Aarav said laughing, "She is obsessed with me. Follows me everywhere! I'm sure that she will keep a fast for me!"

"Who is she? What's her name? Where is she from?"

"Woah woah slow down! I said that she is interested in me. I'm not interested in her!" Aarav said laughing.

"When will you fall for a girl? You're 28 you old man!" Khushi cried.

Aarav walked away whistling.

"Answer me you idiot" Khushi called out but Aarav had already ran away.

"Nautanki" Khushi muttered.

"Arrey titaliyaaa" a voice called out and Khushi turned in joy. "Buaji!" she screamed and ran to her buaji. "When did you come?"

"Ha I had arrived an hour ago and was hiding away from you!"

"Huh?"

"Sankadevi. I walked in right now" Buaji said smacking her head. She turned and said, "Aao beta...keep those things here!"

Khushi craned her neck and saw a tall lean boy walking in with a bag full of sweets.

"Iski kya zaroorat dhi buaji" Khushi said shaking her head, "And who is this?"

"This is Ishaan. Idhar aao beta. Give it to her" Buaji called him and Ishaan walked to Khushi. Handing over the bag to her he stepped back and looked at buaji.

"He works at Happy's garage. I asked his help to carry these sweets." buaji said and lowered her tone for Khushi to hear, "Very shy boy. Bahot kam bolta hai."

"Hello Ishaan" Khushi greeted him smiling and Ishaan nodded his head with a smile.

Suddenly Khushi said, "Ah so you're Arnav ji's friend's son. Right?"

"Huh?" Ishaan asked confused.

"Kaun hai maa?" Aarav walked to the mandir and cried, "Nani bua!" he ran to her and hugged her tight.

"Aarav!" Khushi chided seeing buaji struggling to steady herself.

"Oh sorry. And....hey Ishaan! Ma this is the guy. Papa's friend's son! What are you doing here Ishaan?" Aarav asked patting Ishaan's shoulder.

"I was helping buaji" Ishaan said slowly pointing to Buaji.

"Buaji?" Aarav asked laughing.

"What?" buaji asked with her hands on hips, "Let me stay young boy. Ishaan beta, call me buaji unlike this idiot who calls me nani bua! Makes me old!"