Chapter 12

.

"Ishaan mera beta hai!"

Khushi chuckled and looked at Aman, "Aman what has gotten into your boss?"

Aman looked at Arnav and then at Khushi. He walked forward to her and held her arms, "Bhabhi...relax...listen to me..."

"He is joking right?" Khushi asked laughing, her eyes welling. She looked over to Arnav and said, "Kya joke hai yeh Arnav ji? Try something else!"

"Bhabhi" Aman said patting her back.

"Papa bolo na" Aarav said laughing, "Why are you quiet? Tell everyone that it's a joke!"

Arnav looked down and Aarav turned to Ishaan, "Ishaan...what's happening?"

Ishaan gulped and looked at Arnav who was looking down.

"What's happening here? Bhai what is this?" Akash asked angrily.

"It's not joke chotte. What has gotten into you?" Anjali asked walking to Arnav.

Lavanya and her husband looked at each other and then at Irene.

"Irene" Lavanya asked, "What's all this?"

Irene looked at Arnav and then at Ishaan. "Mom let's go" she said slowly.

Aman looked at Lavanya and nodded. Irene patted Ishaan's shoulder and hugged him. "I'm really sorry" she whispered. And she dragged her parents out of the house.

Shreya looked at Aarav and then at Aman. Aman looked at her and motioned towards the door. She bit her lips and looked at Aarav.

"Go" Aman whispered. Shreya nodded and walked towards the exit.

"Why are you not replying?" Khushi shouted, her laugh and smile of earlier vanished in thin air. She swatted Aman's hands and walked to Arnav.

"Look at me!" she demanded. Arnav looked up at her in tears and she asked, "Bolo...joke tha na?"

Arnav bit his lip controlling his tears and shook his head negatively.

Khushi cried, "TELL ME! SAY IT!"

"No" he whispered, "It's the...truth...not joke..."

Khushi sucked in breath and stumbled backward to Aman who held her.

"Papa" Aarav whispered and walked forward, "What are you saying? You...Ishaan...?" he turned to Ishaan and asked, "Why are you quiet? Why aren't you denying it?"

"Because it's the truth Aarav" Aman said and looked at Arnav.

Khushi looked at Aman in tears and then at Arnav. Arnav looked at her and walked forwards.

"No" she said and extended her hand indicating him to stop walking. "Stay there. Talk from there" she said breathing unevenly.

"Khushi....it...in Raja...Rajasthan...." Arnav stammered.

"SAY IT!" she shouted at the top of her voice. Aman and almost everyone jumped under their skin hearing the loudest they have heard from Khushi. Arnav flinched and stepped backwards. "20 years back, I visited Rajasthan. And there...."

"There?" Khushi asked leaning forward, "What happened there?"

"Woh...there..." Arnav said, his breath falling apart.