Chapter 25

"Khushi" he smiled and whispered, "You...you're back...back..."

"Err...I want to....talk..." she couldn't complete when she felt herself being pulled into a tight hug.

Arnav wrapped his arms around her figure and buried his head in her hair, smelling her scent after three long years.

"You're back....thank you...thank you...."

Khushi closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Lifting her hands, she pushed his chest and said, "I just came to see you"

His smile faded and his lips quivered. Eyes starting to welling, he asked slowly, "You...you will go away...again?"

She looked down at the bottles and then at him, "Have you start drinking?"

He looked around and nodded his head vigorously.

"Are you drunk?" she asked narrowing her eyes. He nodded no, swaying.

"Arnav ji!" she called out, "Are you drunk?"

"How does it matter to you!" he shouted swatting her arms away, swaying a little, "I'm drunk! I'm always drunk!"

"Are you mad? What have you gotten yourself into!" she cried and held his arms. Making him sit on the couch, she shouted, "Drinking will not solve anything!"

"It helps to forget everything" he said smiling and leaned his head back on the couch.

"You're so drunk" she whispered smelling him.

He hummed and closed his eyes.

"I'm going. We'll talk later!"

"I'm in my senses you know!" he said, "I've grown my capacity! I won't mistake anyone else as you now!"

She looked at him and he opened his eyes. Looking at her he said, "Talk to me. Why did you come here if you don't want me back?"

"I just wanted to see you" she whispered.

"Why?"

"Just...I don't know...."

"You took your stand Khushi. You decided to go away!" he whispered, "And now, after three years you're back to see me for no reason at all?"

"Why didn't you follow me to Texas?" she asked.

He looked at her shocked and said, "You wanted me to follow you?"

She shrugged and said, "I thought you would follow me around and beg for forgiveness!"

"It's my fault and the reign of our relationship is in your hands. I'm not going to follow you around and ask for forgiveness! That's not how it is!"

"So you aren't gonna do anything? Nothing to get me back? Don't you want me back?" she asked.

"Are you kidding me?" he cried looking at her, "Of course I want you back. Look at me! Look at my state without you! You think I don't want you back?"

"You always said that you won't be able to live without me" she said slowly, "But you did!"

Arnav chuckled and held her arms, "Look at me Khushi. How much life do I have in me?"

She looked away and he said, "I used to dream about you and Aarav. I could see you everywhere in this house. In the kitchen, in the poolside, in the living room...everywhere! I had to tell myself that it's not real!"