Chapter 8

.

Café Brazilio, New Delhi

3.00 pm

"Sorry I'm late" Ishaan said apologetically as he sat before Arnav. Arnav looked at his watch and said, "Half an hour late!"

"Woh main..."

"I had gone to the garage. Where were you?" Arnav asked calmly.

"I met a friend of mine"

"Who?"

"Irene" Ishaan said smiling widely, "She studies here in Delhi Ayurveda Medical School"

"Does she know?" Arnav asked.

"What?"

"About me and you" Arnav asked sharply.

"She...umm...no" Ishaan said smiling nervously.

"You told her didn't you?" Arnav asked angrily.

"Just...I didn't mention names" he said slowly.

Arnav groaned and rubbed his face.

"She won't tell anyone" Ishaan said leaning forward.

Arnav sighed and said "I called you for something else"

Ishaan nodded and Arnav asked, "Do you want to study?"

"Huh?"

"You heard me. Do you want to study further?" Arnav asked.

"I'm fine here, in the garage. I like cars and...bikes...automobile!" Ishaan said slowly.

Arnav took his bag and pulled out few papers. He passed it to him and said, "I've taken admission for you in mechanical engineering at Maharajas"

Ishaan took the papers and gaped at Arnav.

"Maharajas Engineering College. It's a good one. I've enrolled your name in college hostel" Arnav said.

Ishaan looked down at the papers and smiled.

Candidate Name: Ishaan Trivedi

Mother's Name: Shalini Trivedi

Father's Name: Arnav Singh Raizada

He looked at Arnav with a wide smile on his face and Arnav said groaning, "say something"

"Thanks" he said.

Arnav looked away and said, "Take your belongings from that flat. I'll take you to hostel"

"Ok" Ishaan said slowly and stood up. He looked at the papers and said, "Aren't you supposed to keep a copy of this?"

"I have my copies" Arnav said and stood up.

"After studying, I can open my own garage right?" Ishaan asked with his glistening eyes. His whole face lit up in happiness and he looked at Arnav expectantly.

"That's after your studies, after four years, you idiot" Arnav said rolling his eyes.

"Thank you pa" he said happily and hugged Arnav. Arnav froze. His hands felt numb and he drew a sharp breath. Lifting his hand slowly he patted the boy's head feeling his soft but thick hair.

Ishaan suddenly withdrew and looked at Arnav scared. "Sorry" he whispered and looked down, "I...I was...I'm sorry" he mumbled.

Arnav took a deep breath and said, "Now hurry up. I've to go home after this!"