Chapter 11

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

5.00 pm

"Right on time Ma!" Aarav said as he stepped into the living room.

"Aarav" Khushi squealed and hugged him. She withdrew from the hug seeing someone standing behind him.

"Aha, so this is my hone wali bahu! Come here dear!" Khushi cooed and ran towards a nervous Shreya who stood clutching her sari.

"Aww look at her, so nervous. Don't worry we don't bite!" Khushi said hugged her. She withdrew after a few seconds and said, "I'm Khushi. Aarav's ma"

"I'm Shreya" Shreya said smiling.

"I know that" Khushi said laughing, "Arnav ji come here!" Arnav chuckled and walked towards Shreya. "Hello dear"

"Hello uncle" she said and bent down to touch his feet.

"Uncle?" Khushi cried, "My Arnav ji isn't that old"

"Oh sorry" Shreya said alarmed.

Arnav chuckled and Aarav said, "Shri she's just playing with you!"

"Aaaah, Shri?" Khushi asked raising an eyebrow.

Aarav blushed and looked away.

"So Shri" Khushi asked emphasizing on Shri, "Do you like my son?"

"Yes" she said smiling.

"WHAT? I thought you love him! You just like him? You don't love him?" Khushi shouted.

"Khushi" Arnav groaned and patted Shreya's shoulder who looked nervous and scared, "Don't mind her dear. She is a nautanki!"

"Ma stop scaring her" Aarav cried and pulled Shreya to him, "Come let's meet family"

"Ah so we aren't family?" Khushi asked, her hands on hips.

Arnav chuckled and Aarav face palmed. "Aarav go" Arnav said and Aarav smiled at him gratefully and took Shreya inside.

Khushi burst into laughter and Arnav said, "Nice way of being welcoming!"

Khushi stuck her tongue out and ran away.

.

.

.

"Arrey what are you doing?" Khushi asked surprised seeing Ishaan standing by the poolside holding a flower basket.

Ishaan jumped hearing her voice and said smiling nervously, "Woh HP uncle was searching for flowers and...then Anjali aunty asked him to make tea...so I started to search for the flowers and then I...."

Khushi burst out laughing and said, "Okay I understand!"

Ishaan smiled sheepishly.

"You're so cute, you know that! You doesn't behave like a 19 year old!" Khushi said smiling.

"Is that good or bad?" Ishaan asked biting his lip.

"Arrey it was a compliment" Khushi said and face palmed, "Chodo how's your college?"

"Good" Ishaan said smiling happily.

"I forgot to ask you. What do your parents do?"

Ishaan froze and he said fumbling, "Ma...ma works in a tailoring unit...and pa...pa...."

"Ah I know Arnav ji told me!"

"He did?" Ishaan asked shocked.

"Ha, your father and Arnav ji studied together in Harvard right? He said that your dad has textile business" Khushi said smiling.