Chapter 9

.

Men's Hostel, Maharajas College, New Delhi

5.30 pm

Ishaan took a bite on the pakoda and sipped the tea as he relaxed on the bed. He looked around the room and smiled. It was so spacious. He never expected a hostel to have such good food and facilities. And that too a single room!

His phone rang and he placed the glass on the table. Rubbing his hands on his jeans, he took the cell.

Pa calling

"Hello" he said slowly, his heart beating fast. Why was he calling? Is he gonna pull me out of college and take me back to garage? Please god, no, please.

"Where are you?"

"Hostel"

"How was the first day?"

A small smile formed on his lips. "Good" he said, "It's good here. The atmosphere is great and teachers are so nice. And I made few friends and...." He stopped himself seeing that he was talking too much.

"Tell me if you need money. For buying books or anything." Arnav said his voice cracking up due to chuckle.

"No need. I'll take books from library" he said.

"Ok. Bye" and the call was hung.

"Bye" Ishaan whispered smiling at the phone. 'God!' he groaned, 'I might have sounded ridiculous. Like a school girl who narrates everything that happened at school to her mom! God Ishaan what's wrong with you?' he rubbed his face repeatedly with his palm.

Knock knock

Ishaan frowned and walked to the door. He opened it to find the boy next door.

"Someone is downstairs to meet you" he said and walked away.

Ishaan frowned. Who is here to meet me?

He walked downstairs to find a man waiting at the gate. He looked around and found no one else. He took small steps to the man who looked at him hearing the footsteps.

"Ishaan Trivedi?" he asked.

"Yes" Ishaan said slowly.

"I'm Aman Mathur" he extended his hand. Ishaan hesitated but shook hands with him. "I'm ASR's assistant" Aman said.

Ishaan looked at him confused.

"ASR. Arnav Singh Raizada?" Aman said chuckling.

"Ah. OH" Ishaan said alarmed.

Aman laughed and said, "Don't even know your father's initials? Interesting!" Ishaan smiled nervously and Aman said, "I need to talk to you. Come with me!"

.

.

.

17th April 2015

AR Fashions, New Delhi

"Yeh Aman ko bhi aaj leave ho na tha!" Arnav cried in irritation fumbling between files, "I have to admit" he muttered, "He does an excellent job in arranging files. One day he is absent and...come on where is Mehra file!"

The phone rang and he took it. "Yes"

"Sir there is woman named Shalini Trivedi here to meet you"