Chapter 27

.

Hotel Millennium, New Delhi

8.45 pm

.

"Khushi"

Khushi turned from where she was standing, outside the hotel enjoying the cool breeze, to find Arnav.

"Yes?"

"Wo I wanted to talk" he said nervously.

She nodded and he said, "Khushi it's been three years. Bas, I cannot take it anymore. Please come back to me"

"I've told this before and I'm telling you this again, there's NO future for us!" Khushi said sighing, "It's all over! 3 years ago!"

"Khushi please...aisa mat kaho" Arnav begged and held her palm, "I cannot live like this. Please, I need you"

"And I don't" she cried pushing him back.

"Don't lie. You love me"

"I do and I regret that" she shouted, "You don't have the right to stand before me and talk to me like this!"

"Khushi whatever happened, it was a mistake!" Arnav cried in frustration.

"Mistake!" Khushi cried, "Mistake lagtha he! That 22 year old boy looks like a mistake to you? Great! 'Coz to me he looks like your blood son and the heir to your property!"

"Khushi please...."

"I'm not angry with you for Ishaan or because of Shalini. I hate you because you chose to hide it from me for 20 years! 20 YEARS! I LIVED UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU LOVE ME THE MOST AND I'M THE ONLY WOMAN IN YOUR LIFE. I WAS WRONG. I'M NOT THE ONLY WOMAN! WHEN I WAS LIVING IN A BUBBLE, THERE WAS ANOTHER WOMAN RAISING YOUR SON!"

"Khushi SHE IS NOT MY LOVE. YOU ARE!" Arnav cried, "How do I make you understand?"

"Then why didn't you tell me?" Khushi shouted, "You thought I would leave you? You thought that confessing everything would make Aarav hate you? What made you hide it?"

"How could I tell you that? HOW? That I was with a woman and she is pregnant! HOW CAN I SAY THAT?"

"WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE. YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT!" Khushi shouted, "KNOWING THE TRUTH 20 YEARS LATER ISN'T THAT VERY PLEASING MR. RAIZADA! YOU MADE A JOKE OF OUR ENTIRE MARITAL LIFE!"

"Khushi no...."

"YES" she shouted, "You made a joke of my love, my dedication, my trust everything. CAN'T YOU SEE IT? YOU DESTROYED EVEYRTHING!"

Arnav said in his tears, "What should I do then?"

"Let me go" she said whispered, "You love me? Then let me go!"

"Khushi..."

"Bas" she showed him her palm and said, "There's nothing more to talk about in our relationship. It's completely broken. It's all over and accept it!" she said and turned to walk away.

He held her arm and said, "Please...please give me a chance."

She nodded no. Freeing her arm, she ran down the stairs to the road.

Arnav looked away in tears.

Suddenly he heard a loud noise.

"Oh god, that woman got hit!" he heard a man behind him shouting.