Chapter 5

"Done impressing my family?" Arnav asked angrily as he started the ignition. He drove the SUV past the Raizada gates and pressed the accelerator in full force.

Ishaan kept mum and glanced out of the window.

"I asked you something" Arnav blasted.

"I didn't know that buaji is your family. She asked for help and I came with her" he said in his mild voice.

"I had ONE condition, JUST ONE, when I took you to Happy's garage. Remember what it was?" Arnav asked angrily and glared at the boy.

"Yes"

"What was it?"

"Stay away from your family" he said slowly.

"It's just been two days that you're here and you're already best friends with my son. And now you're officially Raizada's favorite!" Arnav shouted angrily and braked the car in full force at the traffic signal.

The cars in the back honked furiously at Arnav's sudden stop and Ishaan jerked from his position but the seatbelt held him back.

"I'm sorry" Ishaan said, "I didn't know that Aarav bhai is your son. I won't meet your family again"

"Get out" Arnav said.

Ishaan looked at him surprised and looked outside. They were at a traffic signal.

"Didn't you hear me? Get. Out." Arnav hissed angrily.

Ishaan unbuckled the seat belt and opened the door. Closing the door behind him, he looked at Arnav and then looked around.

"Find your way back home" Arnav snapped and rolled up the glasses.

"I'm new here. I don't know this place." he said but Arnav drove away as soon as the signal turned green.

.

.

.

"I'm back" Arnav announced entering his bedroom. Closing the door behind he frowned at his wife who stood before the mirror with a grumpy face.

Smirking he walked to her and wrapped his arms around her. "What did I do that my beautiful wife is soooo grumpy?"

"I know what you're hiding from me" Khushi snapped angrily.

Arnav froze and looked at her. She turned to him and said breathing heavily in anger, "How could you even do this to me?"

"Khushi main...."

"You bought me a sari and you kept it hidden! HOW COULD YOU!" Khushi screamed and waved a red sari before Arnav.

Arnav sighed in relief and she frowned, "What's relieving in this?"

"This sari" he said sighing, "if for AR shoot. I didn't buy you any sari" he took the sari and threw it to his wardrobe.

Khushi's mouth formed an O and she cried, "It's our 20th anniversary! You didn't even bother to wish me. You didn't buy me a gift. You....you....GET OUT!"

She started hitting his chest with her small fist. He laughed and caught her wrists, "Happy anniversary sweetheart"

"Go away" she cried and turned.

Arnav hid his laughter and extended his hand to the drawer in the table. Opening it he took a small packet.

Wrapping his arm around her shoulder, he brought the packet before her eyes. "Kya hai yeh" she asked pouting.