Chapter 7

NOTE: I know that most of you aren't comfortable with this track of Arnav having a son with another woman. I understand that it's hard to see your hero not being a hero for the first time. But I'm a person who believes that there are no heroes, heroines and villains in the real world. Every individual is a mix of positive and negative. And regarding cheating and betrayals, it happens in the real world. Sometimes wives or husbands don't even know that they are being betrayed!

And most of you asked "Why didn't Arnav confess it to Khushi?" How many people would do that in real life? How many men will have the courage to stand up before his wife and tell her about the mistake he made?

I know that this plot isn't very pleasing. It's a very complicated story. I'm sorry if this one is disappointing any of my readers but this story is an experiment of mine. I'm trying to do something out of the box. Something I never thought I would be able to.

I'm sorry.

.

.

Chapter 7

Raizada Mansion, New Delhi

1.45 am

Arnav walked up the stairs to his room when he heard some voices from the common balcony. "Who's there at this hour?" he wondered and walked towards the balcony.

Opening the already-slightly-opened door Arnav walked into the balcony to find his son on phone.

"Bye. I love you" Aarav said smiling. He hung up the call and looked down at his cell smiling.

"Who is it?" Arnav asked aloud and Aarav jumped under his skin, "dad" he cried.

"You have a girlfriend?" Arnav asked narrowing his brows.

"Err....I think so..." Aarav stammered.

"Aarav!" Arnav warned.

"Yes. Yes. There...there is a girl" Aarav mumbled.

"Name" Arnav asked sitting on the wooden swing in the balcony.

"Shreya. Shreya Patel." Aarav said slowly.

"She works with you?"

"No. She is a final year medical student. At our medical college" Aarav said sitting next to him on the swing.

"Family?"

"She is from Gujarat. Her parents own some hotels there"

Arnav hummed and said, "Your mother is hell bent in searching brides for you"

"I know" Aarav said sighing, "But....she is studying. I don't want to...dad we need more time."

"Are you serious about her?"

"Yes" Aarav cried.

Arnav nodded and said, "Let me talk to Khushi!"

Aarav smiled widely and asked, "So you're okay with it?"

Arnav shrugged and said, "If you like someone, why would I have problem with that!"

"Papa!" Aarav cried in joy. He hugged him and said, "You're the best father in the world!"

Arnav's smile faded and he whispered, "Not really"

"Huh?" Aarav withdrew from the hug.

"I mean...I'm not the best father. I'm...an average father!" Arnav said. Aarav laughed and said, "Nope. You're the best!" and he ran away.