Chapter 26

Hotel Millennium, New Delhi

7.45 pm

.

Guests started flooding in for Iva and Peter's wedding after party and Lavanya and her husband stood at the entrance welcoming their friends.

"Khushi!" Lavanya cried in joy and hugged her friend. "How are you? Long time dear. Why didn't you call me? And you Aarav, my you look so different! And..."

"La calm down!" Khushi said chuckling.

Lavanya smiled sheepishly and Khushi asked, "Where is Iva? Lemme go and meet her!"

"Yeah she's up there!"

Aarav shook hands with Lavanya's husband and followed Khushi.

"Does she know that ASR is here too?" Augustine whispered to Lavanya.

Lavanya looked at him and said, "I don't know. She might!"

"Mom, did you meet Ishaan?" Irene said gathering her parent's attention.

Lavanya scrunched her face and Augustine smiled faintly at him. "Hello Ishaan"

"Hello uncle!" Ishaan said smiling.

"You're still in contact with him?" Lavanya asked sharply looking at Irene.

Irene shrugged and wrapped an arm around Ishaan's arm. "Chalo Ishaan, I'll take you to my friends!"

"Wait, he cannot go in!" Lavanya said alarmed.

"Why?" Irene demanded.

"La stop it. Let them go" Augustine said sighing.

"Khushi is in there. ASR is there. Raizadas are there. If they see him then..."

"I told you Irene I'm not coming" Ishaan said sighing.

"No. You're my friend. It's my sister who got married and you, as my friend, has all rights to be here. Chalo" Irene said and dragged him inside.

.

"Ah so this is the infamous Ishaan?" Iva asked smiling and hugged him. Ishaan was taken aback but patted her back as well. "Irene can't stop talking about you! Ever since you said that you're coming for wedding, she was over the moon!"

Ishaan chuckled and looked at Irene who smiled sheepishly.

"Meet Peter. Peter this is Ishaan. Irene's best friend!" Iva said to her husband who shook hands with Ishaan.

Irene held Ishaan's arms and took him down the stage. "See it's not that bad! You don't have to shy away from gatherings just because of Raizadas."

Ishaan hummed and Irene said, "Did you like them? My sister and her husband?"

"Yeah they're cool!" Ishaan said smiling.

"See, that's what I said. Parties aren't bad!" Irene said clapping her hands.

"It is when you have a few people staring at you as if you don't belong here" Ishaan muttered looking away. Irene followed his gaze and found Raizada family staring at him.

"Don't bother!" Irene said walking him to the food section.

Ishaan took a deep breath and nodded.

"Did you talk with Aman uncle after you left?" she asked.

He nodded no and said, "I've never contacted anyone. I didn't want to worsen things!"

"Things are already worsened. Khushi aunty and Aarav bhai doesn't stay with them now"