Chapter 20

Skyline Apartments, New Delhi

12.30 pm

Payal sat next to Khushi and Akash sat in middle of Anjali and Aarav as everyone served each other the lunch.

"We have to leave at 1.15" Aarav said and Khushi nodded.

"Are the documents ready? Passport and..." Akash asked and Aarav nodded his head.

"Where are you staying there?" Anjali asked.

"They have arranged our stay at a hotel for two weeks. Within that time I should find a place and move out!"

"Ha they won't arrange your stay?" Payal asked.

Aarav looked at her and said chuckling, "For two weeks! They won't find me a living maasi. I've to find it myself. They are giving me time for that!"

"That's what every company and authorities do!" Akash said, "Arrange stay for a time period!"

Aarav nodded smiling and looked at Khushi who was playing with the paratha, her vision fixed on the plate.

"Mamma" he called and she jerked. "Eat" he said calmly and she hurriedly took a bite.

The door bell rang and everyone looked at each other. "I'll look" Akash said and walked to the door.

Everyone craned their neck and seconds later Akash returned with Aman.

"What are you doing here?" Aarav stood up and asked angrily.

"Aarav" Khushi called out warningly.

Aarav looked at her and then sat down.

"Did your boss send you here?" Payal asked angrily.

"Why does everyone associate my visit to my boss' orders? Can't I visit you guys without his permission?" Aman shrugged.

"I'm sure he has sent you here! His audacity!" Anjali shouted.

"I came to see you off, before you leave" Aman said looking at Khushi and Aarav.

"Have something" Khushi said pointing to the chair, "Di serve him!"

"What?" Anjali cried and Akash said, "Khushi ji, this guy is here carrying his orders in his head! Are you sure you..."

"Sit down Aman" Khushi said and forwarded him a plate. Aman nodded and sat down opposite to her.

Khushi looked at Akash, Anjali and Payal and said, "I'm not upset with my husband because of Shalini, since I believe his story of spiked drink. I'm upset because he chose to hide it. I'm upset because he hid the fact that he has a son for the past twenty years. And I'm devastated over the fact that I'm not the one who carried his son."

She looked at Aarav and said, "Explain why you're upset and angry with him"

Aarav looked up at everyone and said, "I considered him as my father, my role model and I was greatly attached to him. One fine day I come to know that he has another son, his own blood. I feel betrayed. I feel that the love he had showered on me wasn't real."

Khushi looked at everyone and said, "See, this is the reason why we're leaving. We want some space. Some time. And one more thing, the problem is between me, him and Aarav. You guys don't have to take decision for us!"

"Khushi main..." Payal began when Khushi cut her off, "I know that you love me and Aarav. You care for us. But I'm very sorry but you guys don't have a say in this! He betrayed me and my son, not you guys!"