Chapter 19

Skyline Apartments, New Delhi

9.30 pm

"When is the flight?" Akash asked.

"4 in the evening" Aarav said sitting opposite to him. Akash nodded and looked at Khushi who was cooking in the kitchen with Payal walking behind her.

"You both don't have to leave" Akash said slowly, "It's not you who has to leave!"

Aarav looked away and Akash said, "I know that you both are angry with him, but...please don't be angry at us. Please don't..."

"Chachu" Aarav said sighing, "We don't have against you and other family members. It's just....it's hard. For me and...mamma to stay there with...."

"He left the house" Akash said.

Aarav looked at him and Akash said, "Di disowned him"

"It doesn't make any difference" Aarav whispered, "That house is gonna remind us many things chachu. Many pleasant fake moments!"

Akash sighed and Aarav said, "It's better to go away. And the offer came in right at that moment"

"Please stay in contact with us" Akash said and Aarav nodded.

.

.

"Khushi...."

"Jiji please" Khushi whispered, stirring the curry, "It's better to go away. I can't be here anymore!"

Payal sighed and said, "But please do call me. I can't bear you being away from me!"

She turned to her sister and smiled, "Sure"

Payal cupped her face and whispered, "You deserve all happiness in this world!"

"And why am I not getting that?" Khushi whispered, her voice cracking.

"We don't get happiness. We own it. We find it!" Payal said smiling, "Find happiness in what you do, where you go. You're going to Texas. Start a new life. Find your happiness there!"

Khushi smiled and nodded.

She turned to the stove and asked, "What have you guys decided on Ishaan?"

"I don't know. Who cares about him?" Payal scoffed.

Khushi looked at her and asked surprised, "No one talked about him?"

"No"

"He is...he is his son. The Raizada blood. The heir." Khushi whispered.

"Relations don't always follow blood. Bonds matter. Aarav is the Raizada heir" Payal said curtly.

Khushi looked down and whispered, "It doesn't make any difference jiji. Ishaan will always be ASR's son and Shalini will be the woman who gave birth to ASR's son" she turned to her sister and said, tears rolling down her cheek, "At first I thought that Shalini was the other woman between me and Arnav ji....but, was it she or was it me?"

"Khushi...."

"She wasn't between us jiji. I was between them!" Khushi said in tears.

Payal wrapped her arms around her sister and brought her close to her.

Khushi rested her face on her sister's chest and sobbed. "He...how easily did he make fun of me and our relation? I'm his wife...WIFE! And he...he went to another woman for that one thing I couldn't give him!"

Khushi broke the hug and said, "He could've made her abort the baby. He didn't. He wanted a child jiji! What should I make out of that?"

"Now listen to me!" Payal held her arm firmly, "Forgot all that. You're going to Texas with YOUR son. He has got an excellent offer there and he's gonna work hard. I want you to start a new life there! Do something.....like start a catering service there like you have here or something like that...do something. Be something!"