chapter 1

Ashley's pov

I woke up to my mom shaking me. "Ash, wake up sweetie. You've got school today. And it's Friday!" She said. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes before putting on my glasses and going to my bathroom.

I quickly showered then changed into this.

Everything except the bag, sunglasses, and phone case

Everything except the bag, sunglasses, and phone case. I just have a plain black case with a light blue popsocket.

I slid my phone into my back pocket and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I walked downstairs and grabbed an eggo waffle and put it in my mouth. "Bye mom love you!" I yelled running out. I walked up to my friend Emma's house and saw her sitting in her car.

"Don't worry ya bitch is here!" I said getting in the passenger seat. "Took you long enough!" She laughed. I rolled my eyes and we drove to school. I don't have a car yet because my mom doesn't want me to wreck hers. I'm not that good of a driver.

"I might be getting a car soon!" I said and Emma smiled. "Please don't wreck this one like you did the last one." She said laughing.

I laughed and we made it to the school. I walk in by myself because Emma went to find her boyfriend. And immediately get shoved face first into a locker. Justin my bully. 

I push myself off the locker and keep walking. God I need Emma. Next thing I hear Emma yell in Spanish then I see Justin on the ground. He got up and ran away.

Emma came over to me and looked at my face. She touched my cheek and I winced. "Ow!" I said. She frowned and hugged me. I hugged her back. She pulled away and we went in with our day.

-that evening-

I was sitting at the counter scrolling through Instagram when my mom got home. I turned around and saw her face and immediately got up from my chair. "Mom, what happened!?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around her knock letting her cry into my shoulder.

"Your father is trying to win custody over you!" She sobbed.

"I don't wanna go with him though! I'll never leave you! Not until I'm old enough to move out! You hear me!?" I said and made her face me. She nodded and kissed my cheek. "Thank you sweetheart!" She said and trudged up the stairs and into her room.

My phone went off. I picked it up and answered it.

Me- hello?

Unknown- hi, this is Myta, your mom's friend! She told me that you babysit and I need a babysitter for tomorrow at 7. Is that Ok?

Me- yea if course

Myta- Ok good, we have to pick up our oldest son. But the ones you'll be babysitting is my daughter Reese and my son Ryan.

Me- of course just text me your address and I'll be there!

Myta- ok thanks so much! Bye

Then she hung up. I put my phone down and walked upstairs. I went to my mom's room and peeked my head in her door. She was asleep with a bottle of vodka in her night stand.

My phone dinged making me look at it.

Social worker- we're visiting tomorrow at 1 be ready.

Fuck me! "Shit!" I whispered. I went to my mom's room and grabbed the vodka from her night stand. I then grabbed all her palm breeze cans and threw them away. I put the vodka away in the kitchen and started cleaning the house.

Once I was done I went upstairs and into my room. I changed into this

I layed in bed and plugged my phone in

I layed in bed and plugged my phone in. I shut my eyes and fell asleep dreaming for a good day tomorrow with the social worker.