Chapter 43

Xavier's pov
(A year later)

I woke up to Ezra shaking me.

I opened my eyes and turned around. "What?" I asked tiredly

"Can you hold Noah? I need to take a shower." She said

"Yea." I said and sat up. She ran back to her room then walked back with Noah in her arms.

He smiled and waved at me while chewing on a graham cracker.

"Hey bubs!" I said taking him in my arms. "Go take your shower Ez." I said and she thanked me before running back to her room.

There was a tap at my window and I looked over.

I opened the window and Sarah stepped in.

"You know you can just walk in right? Moms seen you after you've snuck in. But she also saw me sneaking into you." I said and kissed her lips as she sat down next to me.

"Yea but I've learned how to get pretty good at it and it's much easier than walking into your house then walking down the stairs and into your room." She said making me laugh.

"Awwh! Look how big you're getting bubs!" She said taking Noah from me.

I smiled as she twirled around makin him giggle.

"Ezra's starting high school but we're not gonna be there." I said

"She'll be fine. She's mature obviously. They don't know the whole story. She'll let them make assumptions and she'll let them stare. But it won't phase her. Because she's strong!" She said sitting down next to me.

I smiled and kissed her lips. It was a passionate kiss not a one that makes you want more but yea.

"Zay!?? Get your ass up here!!" I heard from upstairs.

I handed Noah to Sarah and kissed her cheek before jogging upstairs.

Angel was standing in the living room with her arms crossed. She was wearing a towel and her hair was soaking wet.

"Did you do the laundry last!?" She asked

"Yea. Why?"

"You put my white jeans in with the colors!! Now they're pink!!" She yelled

"Calm down! I'm sorry. I didn't see the white pants. I'll go get new ones today." I said

"Thank you." She said and walked back upstairs.

I groaned and went back downstairs.

Sarah met me halfway with Noah in her arms.

"He looked hungry." She said and I nodded.

We walked upstairs and gave him some food.

-time skip-

I dropped Ezra off after dropping Noah off at daycare and the twins off at school. She kissed my cheek before getting out of the car and running into the school.

She was late because of us having to get all the kids ready and Noah having to be changed twice. Don't worry I did it so she could get ready.

I placed my hand on Sarah's thigh before driving out of the high school.

I checked the time and saw it was moms break.

"How bout we go get my mom some breakfast." I said and Sarah smiled before nodding.

We drove to the Waffle House and got a waffle for my mom and parfaits for me and Sarah.

I then drove to the hospital where my mom was working the day shift.