Chapter 39

Xavier's pov

I woke up to my mom shaking me. "Zay. You ready to go back to school?" She asked

I nodded and sat up.

She held her hand out which held my post op meds. I took them from her and she handed me a water bottle.

I took the pills and she kissed my head before leaving. I heard Ezra in the bathroom and I smiled. Perks about being pregnant.

I got up and pulled on a pair of grey joggers, an American eagle shirt, my Herron hoodie, a pair of long black socks, and my black yeezys.

I went into my bathroom and ran my fingers through my hair a couple times. I then brushed my teeth and put my contacts in. I grabbed my bag and keys before grabbing my phone and walking upstairs.

Ezra was sitting on the couch with a blanket around her. "You going to school?" I asked

"Yea sadly." She said and stood up.

It's been a couple weeks since the surgery and I wasn't allowed to go to school until today. And Ezra has been staying home so that mom and dad could make money to keep the family going and because she's scared to go to school.

She's a tiny girl so she's starting to show a little bit already.

Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing one of my hoodies with some joggers and her converses she also had her glasses on.

We all have our moms vision which is shitty. So all of us have contacts or glasses.

"Ash, Angel! We gotta go!" I yelled

I picked up the four eggo waffles from off a plate on the counter and put one in my mouth and handed another to Ez.

The twins walked down the stairs and Ezra handed them their waffles as we walked out to my car.

We all got in and I started the car. I turned on the radio and the person started talking.

"Ok guys! We're gonna play an old classic by the boy band why don't we. Here's 8 letters for you guys!" We all smiled and I turned it up.

We sang along to the song as I drove to the middle school.

We got to the school and I let them out.

While Ezra was getting out I grabbed her hand making her look at me.

"If they stare. Let them stare. They don't know the whole story." I said and she nodded

We shared our I love you's before she closed the door and I drove away.

I got to the school and parked. Sarah and Tyler were waiting for me with Alex.

I walked up and gave Sarah a kiss on the lips. I held onto her waist waiting for the bell to ring

"Hey Zay! Where've you been?"

"I couldn't come to school." I said not wanting to explain the whole brain tumor thing.

My phone started ringing and I looked at it.

It was Ezra. I answered it obviously

Ezzie❤️- Zay they're staring and whispering and pointing.

Me- Ez I'm sorry but you have to put your big girl pants on. They're gonna stare. But they don't know the whole story. Take a deep breath you've missed too many days of school and moms kinda babying you right now. I love you and I'll see you after school ok? Love you

I said and she said I love you back before hanging up.

"You're such a good big brother." Sarah said and kissed my shoulder before resting her head on it.