Chapter XI

Gunfighter's POV:

The next came around sooner than I had wished with the same routine which I hated. Get up, get breakfast, have a cup of coffee, do something to keep myself occupied without trying to kill someone that aggravates me or JC, and see what happens in the late afternoon. Only this time, Ruby stopped by before I left the school cafeteria and said she wanted to meet up after lunch when she has an hour between classes to talk. I agreed even though something was telling me I'll be getting more than I bargained for. I decided to head to the cafeteria to start up what I said I'd tell her, but I really kept telling myself it's between me and her, no one else. Before I left my room I left my duel Walkers in the room, but kept the Colt Navy in my upper holster next to my father's revolver he never got to test. I walked through the hallways and ran into several teachers along the way. The first one was good ole Port with his large mustache that reminded me of some people I've met in the past. The next teacher was rather peculiar. I couldn't make out a damn thing he said since he was speaking a thousand miles an hour while zooming down the hallway in the opposite direction I was heading. Shrugging it off I walked over to the cafeteria to find little red and came across something else which agitated me to the core. Right as I entered I saw the same moron who messed with JC pulling on some poor girl's ears. "Ple-please stop!" The boy and his team laughed before he replied, "You freaks don't belong here! Why don't you crawl back to the shit hole you came from and die!" I stood there with a scowl becoming more prominent in my expression and made my way over to the stupid son of a bitch. I came up in front of him behind the rabbit faunus and got his attention. "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with?" He let go of the girls ears and pushed her behind him for his apparent team to keep hold of. "That's me." I said. I notice him looking at my hand in my coat pocket where the butt of my gun would be and smiled. "Where's your guns old man? You think you can muscle me? Huh? Whatcha gonna do without your guns gramps?" He said with a dumb grin spreading across his face. I put my hand in my coat as if I was getting a gun and pointed my finger with my thump up at him as if it was a gun. He flinched back a bit before saying, "Why don't you take your dusty ass and mind your own business..." He looked back at the other three before turning back towards me. "Or my friends and I might have to set you straight." I growled and put my hand back into my coat the same way as before, only this time I pulled out my Colt Navy and cocked the hammer with the barrel pointing right in their faces. "You just don't fucking listen do you!?" His smiled quickly disappeared and fear returned to his face while he and the other three backed up. I grabbed the boy's collar and brought him right in front of me while whipping the guy with the mohawk with the side of the gun giving him a bloody nose saying, "You mess with another living person in the school...or outside of it, and I'll be the last thing you ever here before meeting the angel of death! Got it fucker?" He nodded frantically saying, "Okay-okay-okay I'l-I'll leave her and everyone el-else alone man. I'm sorry okay!?" I let him go and pushed him back. Right as he turned around I grabbed him and slammed him into the wall with my gun again in his face. This time I said, "You can go when the girl here gets a genuine apology from you-" I pointed my gun at the other three morons continuing, "-and you three before you can leave." All four of them started to get on their knees apologizing before she let them run away. I holstered my gun back under my coat and looked down at her asking, "You okay miss?" she rubbed her ears replying, "Thank you mister! And yes I'm fine now." I turned away before she asked me, "Did you think that was a bit too much? What you did to them?" I turned my head and replied, "No...not really. They'll never learn their lesson if they aren't put back into their place. Next time I'll just shoot them just to get the point across." She looked frightened at my response but said thanks once more before sitting at the table where she was picked on.

Ruby's POV:

I got ahead of Yang, Weiss, and Blake to meet up with the gunfighter about what he was gonna tell me that was so secret. Along the way I saw Team CRDL running the opposite direction. I noticed Russel holding his face with blood seeping between his fingers running behind Cardin, none of them said anything to me, but I overheard one of them mention about someone being insane. I got into the cafeteria and quickly noticed several students staring at the gunfighter sitting at the table farthest from everyone else closes to the doors. I watched everyone look at me nodding their heads in a 'don't do it' fashion as I sat across from him. "What happened here?" He looked at the other students staring at us before responding to my question. "Someone had a little accident, so I helped." I looked at him knowing he's not one to help others, but I accepted it since it couldn't be really good. "So uuhh, you said you would tell me about why you became a gunfighter." He took a drink from the cup in front of him before he leaned on the table in front of me and asked, "Have you ever heard of the homesteads that littered the deserts edge in Vacuo?" I shook my head.