Epilogue (Ballad of the Last Gunfighter):

???? POV:

I watched him read through it before sighing and setting the piece of paper on top of the bar before pouring himself another drink in his shot glass. "Well?" He looked at me with sorrow in his eyes as he answered rather coldly, "Sorry son." He folded the paper back into its original form before handing back to me without uttering another word as he took the shot straight down. I looked down in disbelief that he turned the offer down, but son averted my gaze as a man grabbed me and tossed me across the floor while pulling a knife out. "What the fuck is a hunter doing out here!?" He bellowed towards me grabbing nearly everyone's attention as a fight was about to break out. He stood over me looking down as I picked myself up, but everyone soon flinched at the sound of thunder cracking right next to us as the man brandishing the blade fell to his knees holding his chest. His knife clattered on the floor as he looked down into his hands drenched in blood while the gunfighter stood behind him pointing his gun where the man once stood looking down at him without showing any more emotion than what I saw. The man fell forward dead with blood beginning to pour out from his wound while everyone looked at the old man who shot him in horror, shock, and bewilderment as he looked at me motioning his head to follow him. Looking down at the body I felt hesitant, but completed all at the same time as my body began to quickly run after him as he walked outside to the porch wrapping around this old bar. As I caught up to him he took a seat on an old chair near the door where the man in black last sat and leaned back till the front legs were off the wooden boards beneath it as he began to talk to me. "Tell Goodwitch I ain't coming back. She may have dwindled the number of criminals down, but there's never gonna be a short supply of them out here." He looked at me with no smile, no frown, just the same stagnant expression as he said, "This is where I'll be now and probably forever kid. Go home." I looked back into the bar and nodded back towards him before walking into the street, walking far into the darkness that filled the air around us before disappearing from his view. Leaving him alone just the way he wanted.

Gunfighter's POV:

I watched him walk away looking back at me with sadness in his eyes as he nodded off to me once more before disappearing into the darkness that filled these streets. I sat back in the chair thinking over my decision to stay out here where the towns were dying off, the streets were being paved, the wild west where I grew up was becoming nothing more than a memory now. I rummaged through my pocket and pulled one of few last cigars out and put it into my mouth before grabbing a match and striking it off my thumb to light it. Looking into the night sky I decided to stay there in that spot watching the stars shine brightly in the space around the world where I wasted my life chasing Ozpin till the day I would inevitably die. Who the hell am I kidding? Someone needed to put him down, and I haven't come across a single soul willing to do it. Men came and left with the dead man from earlier before as the moon was making its final run towards the horizon where it would leave the darkness to allow the sun to shine brightly once more signalling the next day, the same day where I pick up the hunt once more. I stayed out all night on the porch waiting for the sun to come up not caring who walked past me, or what they thought of me as I waited patiently for it to rise. Sitting across the street in front of the old general store sat the man in black holding a guitar as he got comfortable before looking back across at me. As I got up the sun was shining down onto my face showering me in its warmth, but I still felt cold. After all these years I haven't felt at home in my life since the day they died. I tossed the butt of my cigar onto the street before I took my last one from my pocket to light it up until something caught my eyes. Walking in the shadows in front of the man in black I could've sworn I saw him-"Curly" Bill. Walking next to him I saw William Harding Torchwick both staring back at me with the same scowls they had when I gunned them down all those years ago back when I was young.

Third Person:

As he stared down the two he held firm in his place on the porch to look back at the sun rising above the old town as he smoked down his last cigar. The man playing the guitar began to play a tune as he sung with his hoarse voice,