Chapter XL

Ruby's POV:

Shaking his head he helped me up with the faint remains of a cigar in his mouth. "Not quite." He replied cutting the rope from around my legs keeping near the horses we came in on. "Ozpin! Is Ozpin d-" He looked back down at me with a serious expression answering my question without any words being said. I felt my heart pounding unsure of what I should feel about this, but I felt...relieved. Satisfied to be exact. I hope you'll rest now Uncle Qrow. He's paid for it all now. I mentally said to myself as I felt (Y/N) lift me off my feet onto a horse. As he began to make sure the saddle was secure I looked at her standing there with a rope around her neck staring off into the distance. "What about her?" (Y/N) stopped what he was doing to look over his shoulder at her standing on top of that rotting wooden cross with only her heels keeping her balanced. Just barely. "What about her?" He asked finishing getting the horse ready for another journey. He began to walk pass her grabbing his coat off the piece of the stone wall which lined the edge of the circle in the middle of cemetery passing her along the way. "Why?" He stopped halfway across the circle to look back at me. "Why what?" "Why leaver her like that?" He looked at her with a scowl not saying a word before turning back around and continued walking. "He had it coming Ruby." Reaching in his pocket he pulled out a cigar after tossing the butt of his last one away. He stopped to strike a match for his bad habit not far from the open grave now filled with Ozpin's corpse laying at its bottom looking up in shock with his lifeless eyes staring into the blue sky above. "We all have it coming." He stated not looking at me as he left the horse near the wall to walk over to his grave as I watched from on top of my horse curious to what he was gonna do. Smoke rose from the end of the cigar only to blow away with the gentle breeze coming through the cemetery as he stared down at him while reaching into his shirt under his coat grabbing something. As his hand left from under his worn down brown coat I saw the harmonica he's played before in his hand playing a small tune as the wind blew through it while he crouched down beside Ozpin's dead body. I watched as he leaned into the grave to put it in, yet he remained silenced as he finished up what he wa doing before standing back up not looking away from the body. Smoke escaped from between his lips as he stood there for a solid minute or two before coming back to get my horse and continued to another horse on the far side tied to another tree. "Don't leave me here." I looked back to see the woman begging us with anger in her voice as she struggled to keep standing while watching us leave her there to hang. As he walked between old and freshly dug graves I saw a name which stood out above them all that I recognized. "Roman Torchwick? What is he doing here!?" The gunfighter kept walking not answering until we stopped by a silver stallion tied to a tree which looked to be a lot more livelier than the one she was hanging onto for dear life. "Most gunfighters have a cemetery they've filled during their lifetime Ruby. This one's mine... well most of it anyways." He answered before mounting his horse. I looked back at the woman thinking over the events that happened before I came out here, what happened at Beacon. "She's done so much damage to everything, and we're leaving her like this." I muttered under my breath. I looked back at (Y/N) as he settled himself on top of his horse before pulling his rifle out from a large holster on its side. "What are you doing?" I asked curious about his intentions, yet scared of what he might do. "She's responsible for countless deaths at Beacon and Oum knows how many before that. Her time is up." He replied without any emotion in his voice while pulling the trigger guard down to open the chamber before loading a round into it. "Wha-" I was about to ask what he wa about to do, but soon I looked back to see where he was aiming. What are you going to shoot her down!? I mentally asked-no screamed in my head while watching him take aim from on top of his horse.

Cinder's POV:

I watched them walk back t the horse in the distance before something caught my gaze closer to me just below my feet. I never felt so enraged in my life, but none of that mattered seeing how helpless I am now. No Roman to come at the worse time, no Emerald, no Mercury. No one to save me. As I slowly looked at the stone wall I saw him sitting there, leaning back on a wooden chair with his hat covering his face in a shadow barely allowing his eyes to show as he stared up at me. "What-how ar-" He moved his head up to stare right at me with those eyes-the emotionless, lifeless, empty eyes as he held onto a guitar in his his lap. He began to put the guitar down before slowly moving his hand to the gun which rested against his hip in a black leather holster before I looked back at the gunfighter sitting on top of his horse aim what looked to be a long barreled rifle in his hand. "I th-thought you w-" "It's a time for all slow men to die Cinder. You're no exception." He looked over his shoulder not changing let a lone showing any expression as he looked back at the gunfighter aiming at me. "He and I will meet one day and you my dear won't be around to see it." He interjected taking his revolver out and aiming at me. I kept looking between the two guns aiming at me hoping no of them will miss their shot, but looking at them closely. "I ca-can still k-" *gunshot*