Chapter XVIII

Gunfighter's POV:

I sat there for nearly an hour before these three caught Velvet and Ruby's friends back up to speed. "Wait-wait-wait! Why would the town blame Billy for his death?" Jaune asked. "Simple, how many hunters do you think come out there, waste their time trying to keep order, and risk their lives defending them from bullies and criminals alike?" He stared at me not answering. "Exactly. They trust a stranger willing to do what needs to be done rather than send a request for help from these schools or Atlas." Both the teachers and students were conversing with one another about my comment before Blake broke their conversation asking, "Did you ever find the people who killed your family?" Glynda, Port, Oobleck, Ruby and all the others looked over to her giving off a 'are you crazy' vibe. I turned my head and looked at her responding, "When I got enough information on their whereabouts. There was four that walked away that day, and I hunted each and every one of them down starting with Johnny Ringo." "You killed Johnny Ringo!?" Oobleck and Weiss asked surprised. I nodded, but didn't get to say why since Oobleck was quick to say, "Doc Holiday was the one who shot him dead. There's no way you-" "Doc Holiday was riding with Earp on his vendetta ride after the cowboys. They were nowhere near Ringo's location when I found him. I got his location after killing Curly Bill near a log mill near the edge of Emerald Forest and the desert hidden away by the mountains that surrounded it." Oobleck was confused beyond belief while everyone else was getting comfortable for another story.

Gunfighter's Past:

Gunfighter's POV:

Here I am in over my head chasing this damn drunk all over this damn valley! Every time I get a shot off this man never stops calling for help. "COME ON BOYS, I NEED SOME HELP!" Son of a bitch! I peeked around a pile of lumber to see a few more cowboys running from a store house before I finally had enough. I holstered my Walkers and brought out my shotgun before popping the barrels open and seeing if it's loaded. Upon shutting it, I came around the corner and pulled both triggers unleashing a hail of buckshot right into the clustered group searching for me. Their screams didn't go unnoticed when I felt some wood splinter near me from Bill's double vision aiming at me. "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT BOY? I'VE GOT MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!" I got back on track after taking care of his gang members I started to march through the lumber yard built around a large creek hunting him. I heard his spurs jingle as he ran back across a wooden bridge behind me so I ran back and hid behind a stack of wood. "COME ON OUT BOY! WE'RE NOT FINISHED!" He yelled while I reloaded both barrels. I turned around the corner to see him standing near the creek with his guns aiming at everything, but me looking around until I said, "Over here Curly!" Right as he looked at me took aim I had the shotgun sighted on him and fired off one barrel hitting him square in his chest. He fell right back near the creek's edge getting the attention of one of his men since he yelled, "MY OUM! HE GOT CURLY!" Another guy came out from a hiding place and took a shot at me before I gave him the last barrel. It didn't take long for the rest of the cowboys to clear out, the sound of horses riding fast were coming down the valley looking for the sound of the gunshots. I crossed the bridge and went over to Bill's lifeless corpse laying there as Wyatt came riding with his posse to get him, yet they only found me standing over him before rummaging through his pockets for something that could lead me to Ringo. "Dead?" I looked up at Wyatt and nodded. "Looking for something in particular there?" Doc asked. "Not sure yet." I quite looking finding nothing and faced the men on the horses looking at me. "The gang?" Wyatt asked. I pointed in the direction I saw them leave in and said, "They're heading for the other end of the valley. There's a passageway through a corridor in the mountains that'll take them south out of the hills." Wyatt wasted no time and went right after him, but Doc waited just a bit longer before saying, "I know we can't all of them, so I have a proposition for you." I gave him a look of curiosity as he continued, "With Curly Bill dead, Ringo is now in charge. Find him for us will you?" "Got a place in mind where I could find him?" "Last time we heard anything about him, he was heading somewhere near Turkey Creek in Vacuo." I nodded in agreement as he rode off to catch up with Earp and the rest of his outfit leaving me next to Bill once more.