Chapter XXXVII

???? POV:

"Come on out gunfighter! You ain't getting out of this, we got the whole place surrounded!" I sat above them all on the roof across from the store he went in as these outlaws surrounded it armed to the teeth. "Come on now gunfighter! We can stay out here all d-" *gunshot* I flinched from the loud gunshot echoing off the buildings making this town as everyone watching looked in horror. The man's body quickly fell back as his brain matter exploded front, and back before before his lifeless body fell dead in the dirt which soon triggered a chain reaction throughout the town. The men with him looked down at him before raising their guns at the store and began to unload while taking cover screaming, yelling whatever they could as one gunshot after another started to erupt from the store, and any other place aiming at each of the outlaws taking one victim at a time. "KILL HI-" Someone tried to shout above the gunfire erupting around the town between the gunfighter, the outlaws, and the lawmen now taking up arms against these idiots still trying to kill him. I kept cover waiting for him to bust through the front door of the shop, but couldn't see anything leaving except the bullets finding their intended targets. As my gaze wandered around I looked at the end of the builds to see someone crawl out from under the decks making the floors of each place, and knew exactly who it was. "You!" I said under my breath as I watched Ruby make a run for another building. I began to run across the top of the buildings trying to get a shot on the girl, but soon I lost my footing and toppled down when a bullet ricochet off the wooden roof under my feet. I tried my best to not scream, but soon enough I was now in the back alley near the gunfight happening, and looked up as I got back onto my feet to see the girl staring at me holding a gun in her hand. "Who are yo-" She was about to finish her question, but soon got the picture when I brought my revolver our and took a shot at her head only for it to rip the wood apart making her duck and run again. She took off around a corner getting me to follow her, but soon ducked back when she stood there and fired several rounds at me one grazing my leg. "Fucking brat!!" I growled holding my leg. I ripped a part of my cloak off and wrapped it around the wound before looking back around to see her gone except the shell casings where she once stood. I reloaded Emerald's gun and quickly took off to the other street and looked both ways until I barely caught a glimpse of her red cloak heading into another building which I soon ran over to. As I got to the entrance of the place I averted my gaze to the intersection of the town center to see a handful of the outlaws running while firing back at someone taking cover wherever they could. "Take cover damn it!" "Get some!" Several yelled trying to hold back the inevitable. As I busted through the door I was knocked back out into the street as more outlaws took up their guns and started to push who ever was following them back to the other street leaving me and red to fight it out. I fired back into the building as a red blur ran away back inside holding a large weapon. "Damn it." I mutter knowing she had her scythe with her know. I tried to summon my bow only for my whole body to begin to shake with a cold sweat beginning to form. "Damn it!" I muttered knowing I no longer have the powers any more because of him. I dusted myself off and picked up my gun once more before firing all six rounds into the wall between the door and front window preventing her from waiting for me on the other side. I heard something fall over, and quickly ran inside as I reloaded to see her laying against the desk far from the door clutching her arm. I took aim and fired right as she darted away through the back room, and disappeared from my sight. I quickly made my way back there only for her to cut me across the face, and knock me back over the desk forcing me to lose my grip on my gun. I looked back up to see her glaring at me without uttering a word as she stared me down. I stood up while grabbing Emerald's gun again, and took off my hood covering my face to see her go wide eye in shock who it was. "You!?" I scowled at her, and replied, "DIE!" And shot the blade towards her causing her to roll to the side dodging my attack. She stood back up only to dodge again as I swung the blade around trying my hardest to land a fatal blow. The gunshots outside were getting louder by the minute signalling that the fight was coming back here. As I retract the blade Ruby took aim with her scythe and shot me in the chest. I felt myself get lifted off my feet, and out the window back onto the dirt road as outlaws, and lawmen were killing each other at close quarters now with guns, knives, and their fists. I looked back to see Ruby charging at me and took out the golden engraved revolver I stole from the gunfighter back at Beacon, and squeezed the trigger in her direction. *Gunshot* She fell to the ground and laid near me holding her leg close to her knee as she began to cry from the pain. I smirked as I got up while coking the hammer again only to stare her down as she looked up at me in horror. I huffed and began to catch my breath from this running around. I waltzed over to Emerald's gun and took it back to aim the both of them right at her as she tried to reach for her weapon. As I was about to make one last statement to her I suddenly jerked my hand back in pain while Emerald's gun flew off away from me as a gunshot echoed near me. I held my hand with my arm as I looked frantically at my surroundings only for it to stop at the gunfighter standing in the shadows of the alleyway aiming his gun at me. I glared at him and took a shot at him forcing him back behind the corner as I began to run through the fighting in the street to get away from those two. I took a horse and began to ride away from the town as I cussed up a storm. "Fucking bastard! I fucking get even you rotten son of a bitch!" I stopped at a watering hole not far from the hell hole of a town and bandaged myself up before counting the rounds I had left in the gun. "One-two-three..four. Fuck." I mumbled as I leaned back against a rock. I put the gun away, and pulled the map out looking for where he might possibly go, and the only place I remember one of those dumb outlaws mentioned when I interrogated him back in town. "He mentioned Ozpin going to some cemetery. Where?" I asked thinking over the information I received before letting him go. As I looked over the map I came across something which just sat there staring at me. "Sad Hill?" I started to remember what he told me, and looked closer. "Tell me what I want to know!" "I told ya lady he said he had business to attend to in Sad Hill!" "You swear?" He looked at me scared and nodded frantically. "If you lied to me I'll come back and finish you off. Understood?" He nodded and ran off as I opened the door for him to leave. "What's so important at Sad Hill Ozpin?" I asked mounting my newly acquired horse.