Chapter XXX

Gunfighter's POV:

The sun started to draw its last breath for the day as it slowly disappeared over the horizon. I stayed in my room for the day thinking how I can deal with them. The lady and her team are disguised as students, I'm surrounded by huntresses and hunters, yet not one looks down at them with suspicious that they don't look like they belong here. I kill them and every person with a weapon on them within a hundred miles will come gunning for me, so how do I take them out? I looked back at the shelf where I put the original Engraved Ranger and thought it over. Would it be worth shooting him with it? He's not one to come back from the dead so easily. My thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked at my door which startled me a bit. I got up and grabbed my shotgun as I walked over to the door and cracked it open to see the last thing I expected. "Hello." I raised an eyebrow to why Glynda Goodwitch is standing in front of my door. "Can I held you?" I asked not sure to why she's even here. "I'd like to ask something from you. Mind if I come in?" She said still keeping her professional demeanor. I took my arm from behind the door with the street howitzer in hand and opened the door. She stared in surprise to why I had the gun on my person, but didn't say anything other than thanks as she entered behind me. Once wshe shut the door I grabbed the chair and set it in a place away from my weapons for her to sit as I took a seat on my bed. "What do you need Professor?" I asked sitting down with my gun laying in my lap. She averted her eyes from my gun to me and relied, "I was wondering...we were wondering if you'd like to join one of my classes?" "What?" I asked confused. "Professor Port, Oobleck, and I were wondering if you'd like to join one of my combat classes as an adversary for some students to train with." I didn't advert my eyes from her as she started to get a bit nervous. "Let me get this straight Goodwitch. You want me, an old man who's hunted and killed criminals all over Remnant, to shoot at a bunch of young kids for experience knowing I don't use dust rounds like them?" She didn't look away as she answered yes. "How do you propose I do this now?" I asked as she raised her crop rider to bring a bag she left by the door to me. It landed near my side on the bed as she got up. "I went shopping around Vale to find you some dust ammo that'll work with your guns. I got you two types of ammunition: twelve-gauge, and thirty-eight special. I had to ask a bunch of hunters about your guns there in your memory, so I hope they're right." I looked through the bag and pulled a box of dust filled .38 special and opened it to inspect what I'm about to work with. "Just those two?" I asked putting the box down back in the bag. "Yes. Is there a problem?" She replied. I nodded no and grabbed the bag to put it on the desk with my rolled up arsenal. "What time? It wouldn't kill me to take up your offer." She gave a small smile and said to come to her room in about half an hour, so I agreed. Once she left I unloaded my Colt Navy, and Remington XX89 to use the dust rounds then loaded them with Glynda's newly provided ammunition. I also strapped my saber to my right under my gun knowing I can't rely on it now since reloading would take a lot longer than before. I knew I still had some time left, so I went through some of my personal belongings and pulled out an old box that I never mentioned to Ruby and her friends. Upon opening it, the memories of every person I've killed hunting this monster flooded back into my head. Their screams of agony, the echo of gunshots, the smell of the black powder smoke in the air. It all reminded me of the person I became, but not once has it deterred me from my final goal. To bury this old fucker for the wrong he's brought onto my family. I opened the box and gazed on the Lemat revolver laying in it with some dust covering its cold steel barrel, the old wooden grips had long seen better days, but knowing the man. He modified this gun to last through the ages for his use. I took a small piece of paper and wrote a little message on it before putting in the box and closed it. I took the parcel and left my room with my shotgun strapped to my back, Colt Navy hanging on my right, and one place I'd like to make a stop before seeing what Glynda had in store for me. Rather than wait in front of the elevator I found an old staircase leading to Ozpin's office and took the time to walk rather quickly up the long spiral to leave one last warning for him. Right as I got to the top I saw his desk and floating screens still lit, but didn't bother messing with it. I took the box from under my arm and placed it in into a drawer hidden behind where he sat and shut it before leaving the last place I wanted to be.