Chapter XXXIV

Third Person:

Ruby, Yang, and Tai all stood in front of a freshly made grave in a cemetery in Vale. Yang being deep into depression couldn't find a way out while Tai tried his best to comfort her. Ruby wasn't the same one she heard what happened to her only uncle, but Tai. He couldn't believe a hunter like Qrow, a friend he went to Beacon with for four years, would be taken out so easily. They stood there for nearly an hour before calmly turning away to head home. Ruby couldn't stop thinking about how her uncle died. Death by shooting. Yang however couldn't find it in herself to care any more. Friends gone, school destroyed, White Fang running amok. What could she do at this point. Adam did a number on her, and her own mother couldn't care much about her own child, let alone her own brother. On board the airship taking them back to Patch, Ruby and Yang sat next to one another in an embrace to comfort each other from their lost. Tai however sat on the other side letting them have their space, but kept staring out the window to see a raven flying alongside the ship. He kept his glare towards the flying bird and muttered, "Now you want to talk after everything that's happened." He looked back at his daughters and took note of their lack of awareness and looked back at the bird mouthing go away. The raven however kept flying alongside the ship all the way to Patch until it stated to land, so it kept flying away. Tai knew where, and he didn't need his daughters in any more pain than they already are, so he took them home while occasionally looking around. Yang went to her room while Ruby went back outside to wander around the house, but Tai, he left back to town looking for Raven wondering why she had the nerve to show up at a time like this. As he got to the outskirts of town he stopped near an old bench sitting near the open field he walked by and headed towards it after seeing her sitting there. Back turned towards him. "You have some nerve showing up here!" He angrily stated as he marched up to her. Sitting there, Raven looked up at Qrow not saying a word in return as she looked at him with regret, sorrow, and most of all-sadness. Her only family member left alive is now six feet under while his killer remains free and unscathed. "Don't give me that shit Tai." She finally said trying to not lose her temper. "You think I came here to make some damn statement on how he was weak, or some shit?" She scoffed and shook her head in disappointment while Tai stood there arms crossed, not sure what to make of his ex-wife. "Why are you here Raven? I know it's not about Yang, and Ruby." She rummaged through her small bag she brought with and pulled out her scroll to hand to Tai. "Listen to the last voice message Qrow sent me the night he was found." Tai looked at her not sure what she was pulling, but hesitant he played the message. "Raven it's Qrow. Listen, I'm not sure what Ozpin wants, but I think he's finally lost it. He went on and on today about finding some book a family called the Dempseys had, and plans to use it to fight Salem. Beacon's been attacked, and everything's gone to shit here. I know you told me to stay away from the gunfighter, but..." "The gunfighter!? I fucki-" Raven quickly silenced Tai saying, "Shut up and listen you idiot." "...ighter told me something that may have put me in grave danger. All those years of hunting people, criminals looking for one guy. He's been after Ozpin. Ozpin's the man behind all of this. I...I think he wanted me to warn someone hoping they'd believe me, but I'm not sure anyone will. He also said something of great use-sorta. *flask opening* He said he killed a maiden long before Amber was attacked. Even then he knew of Amber and her power. He killed a maiden Raven. A MAIDEN! *drinks* He said that no one will ever be able to get a hold of all four relics because of this, and I honestly think he's right. If what he says is true then Salem can't come out. She can't walk this Earth and wreak havoc, but her grimm won't be gone for a while. Ozpin wanted me to meet him somewhere outside of Vale, so if you hear this from your scroll then I made a the worst mistake in my life. If I don't come back I left you something back at our old home, give it to whomever looks for Ozpin. Don't let him get the book, that's all I ask of you, and anyone hunting this old man. Also whatever you do, don't take it out on the gunfighter, he's had it rough already, and personally...this is his revenge on the world for making him what he is. Let him have Ozpin. See ya around sis. Tell Yang and Ruby I love them." After it finished I stared at Tai as he took a seat next to me burying his face in his hands after I took my scroll back. "All this time of fighting these monsters and Ozpin's been behind us, using us as a shield for a greater plan. I...I don't know what the fuck is happening anymore." He said exhausted. As he sat there complaining I forward the message to Ruby and Yang before putting it away and pulling something else from my small bag. "Here." Tai looked at my hand holding a box. 'It's all the evidence he and I found on the gunfighter's past. He looked at unsure what to do with it and asked me, "What am I gonna do with it? You can find him easier than I can. Why-" "Because no one's gonna believe someone like me." I interjected. "A thief?" Tai asked. I glared at him and sighed before nodding to his question. I got up and began to walk away when Tai stopped me for a short moment. "Raven! If..if you ever need someone to talk too. You know where to find me." I looked at him and nodded slowly before turning into a raven and flew away leaving him with the facts.