Chapter XV

Roman's POV:

Weary of Cinder's anger, Neo and I peaked around the corner to see if she's calmed down only to see scorch marks on both sides of the hallway leading to her office. Do we even dare go to her?" I asked Neo looking down at her. She looked up at me and nodded no before we both went back to looking at the room when we heard Cinder yell, "ROMAN GET IN HERE!" I was about to turn around and silently walk away if her little boyfriend Mercury didn't appear behind me. "You heard her matchstick, get your ass moving." I was about to protest till a fireball flew passed me getting my full attention. "Stop firing those things at me will you!?" I yelled down the hall. I started to make my way to the room where she was releasing her anger and came around the corner to see Adam hiding behind a makeshift shield while Cinder had some fire forming in her hands and looked at me. Neo instantly came in front of me opening her umbrella as another fireball flew at me exploding on the umbrella causing me to duck. "Care to explain why it failed?" She demanded. I peeked around Neo's umbrella and replied, "How should I know!? You're the one who hired him to fail!" I saw another fireball forming till our dear friend Adam finally chimed in. "As much as I hate you Roman." He looked at Cinder and continued, "He's right. You knew damn well that assassinating him face to face was never gonna work, let alone have any chance of success." She gave us an angered look before finally taking a breather and calmed down. She sat down as Neo and Adam put away their shields and sat down at the same table before I asked, "So what's your plan now?" I sat down far from her next to Neo as she pinched the bridge of her nose and replied, "There's a dust shipment coming in two days down at the docks in the Agricultural Section. I want you, Neo, and several others to go get what you can." She said to me without looking. "That isn't a problem for you is it!?" She asked in a angered tone now staring daggers at me. "Simple and easy." I replied nervous. She quit staring at me as she made a motion for Neo and I to leave which we didn't hesitate. Once we were far enough away from that room Neo sent a message to me from her scroll about this shipment. I looked down and read it before looking at Neo and responding, "What do you mean we need to be a lot more careful now?" She took her scroll and sent me another message. Reading it once again I now see what she meant. After Cinder's failed assassination attempt, that gunfighter is gonna be gunning for any criminal for any information. Boy did I hate myself for coming up with that line.

Ozpin's POV:

I got into the elevator after getting off the phone with Vale's council. Now they want me to let him off the hook!? I mentally asked myself over and over. I knew if I do that he can get more answers than I can hide before coming for me. Rather than getting off the on the main floor, I went all the way to the bottom to check on Amber. First the Summer maiden, then the Winter maiden disappears, Spring maiden falls off the face of the planet, now the Fall maiden is the only one left. I made my way down the large hall towards Amber in the middle in a machine I had made in case of an emergency. As I stood there I started to think what could have happened to the Summer and Winter maidens. The Summer maiden was with me that day, but he couldn't have founder her...could he? Even if he did, conventional weapons couldn't defeat the Summer maiden even if- That's when it clicked. Could that weapon actually be more powerful than what he intended to be made for? As I sat there asking myself different questions my scroll ranged interrupting my thoughts. I pulled it out of my pockets and answered the call. "Hello?" As I listened to the person on the other side I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "What do you mean she was hunted!? Who could've scared to the point she would run far away to save herself!?"

Gunfighter's POV:

I went back to my room to turn in for the night after this eventful day unrolled before me, but stopped after opening my door to feel something was out of place. I took one step slowly at a time when I entered taking note where everything is, and where everything was. I saw the cup sitting on the table on the other side of the bed along with my guns rolled up near the saddle where I didn't leave them. I went to the desk and saw everything was put in a neat fashioned. I never left anything neat when I leave. Just before I could walk back and shut the door, Ruby came out of the blue and made me grab my pistol in defense. "Eep!" Was all she said when I turned around with a gun in hand. I kept my thumb on the hammer till I saw who it was and quit aiming at her while apologizing. "It's o-okay I guess." I grabbed my guns and put them back on the table before inviting her in to have a seat on the bed. "What can I do for you Ruby?" She looked around before answering, "Well Ozpin gave all the students the day off tomorrow after what happened between you and Mcree." "McCree." I corrected her. She looked at me confused till I said again, "McCree, his last name was McCree." "Sorry." I looked at her and replied, "Don't be Ruby. He's not the man he once was." I started to take my coat, guns, and hat off before telling Ruby to head back to her dorm for the night. As she was leaving, Ruby turned around and asked, "Are you gonna continue where you left off tomorrow?" I gave her a curious look and asked, "Not gonna use the day to do other things than listen to an old man tell a story?" "I was, but I want to know what happened to you. Why you became the man every criminal, hunter, and huntress fears." I nodded and said, "Very well than. Meet in the cafeteria?" She nodded and left after shutting my door for me. I smirked at her actions. She definitely reminds me of Vanessa, always being the curious yet persistent one. As I went to bed, I started to remember the day it all happened. The day I felt no remorse, no regret, and no mercy for anyone or anything hunting for those that did so much wrong to the Dempseys, to my family. The only question that remains for the time being: Who went through my stuff?