Chapter XIV

We stood there staring at each other while Glynda took in the sight silently before he spoke up. "You've made quite the enemies gunfighter." I raised my head to stare right at him. "Reckon I'm popular. Bounty hunter?" He gave a slight grin while replying, "Here and there. Mostly a gun for hire old man." I didn't respond, as he added to his previous answer. "A man's got to do something for a living these days." I kept staring at him as I replied, "Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." He started to frown at me about his age as his hand started to move once more to his gun on his hip. As Glynda turned her head slowly to look at him I moved forward and pushed her back into the room she came from and aimed my gun from inside my coat and fired at the wall closest to the assassin's face. He started to fire blindly where I was last standing as he used his free hand to rub the wall dust from his eyes and face. "YOU FUCKER! YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER!" I ran down a hallway and noticed kids looking out their doors from the shots earlier. "Get back inside." I growled at them since I wasn't in the mood seeing a kid get killed from my actions. None of them wasted anytime shutting their doors and locking them as I ran down their hallway finding a way back outside. I could hear the sound of metal running in my general direction so I took a turn down another random hallway before ducking into a closet near some room. Before I shut the door I heard someone enter the hallway I was hiding in. I waited until I heard the assassin come barreling down my hallway threatening the teacher. "You!" "Who are you!? What are yo-" *CLICK* I heard the buffoon cock his revolver while speaking, "Where did he go!?" I heard heels backing up and took note of it. "I said where-" I didn't waste my time hiding in here so I took my revolver from under my coat and brought out to freely use. I cocked the hammer back and squeezed the trigger, firing it in the direction I assumed he was standing. I heard a door bust open, knowing he took cover. I came out of the closet and got a glimpse of a woman in a lab coat, short in stature, and a syringe holding her hair in a bun. I approached her and picked her up before shoving her into a empty room saying, "stay in here." After I shut the door I ducked down another hallway as the assassin came out from the room he ducked in and fired a shot at me. The moment I turned around the corner I heard the bullet nail the wall which covered the top of my hat in dust, yet not slowing me down. I finally ran into a hallway that looked familiar before I took the direction that led me to the main entrance. Along the way I ran into more students and teachers who instantly got the message to take cover when they saw me running down the hallway with a cannon in my hand and a scowl on my face. I looked around the main entrance as my spurs echoed in the large room before I took off my hat and crouched in the center of the room, facing the front of it towards the entrance before hiding once more. As I hid in another room looking at the main hall, I heard the man's boots hit the hard tile floor as he came to the main entrance and looked down at my hat. "WHERE ARE YOU GUNFIGHTER!?" He turned frantically around yelled once more, "YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER!" He turned back to the main entrance and ran outside to look in both directions before running to the left. After he left I walked back to my hat and picked it back up. I walked forward to the door's entrance and dusted the plaster dust of my hat with my gun in hand before I put it back on my head and turned around to look into the main hall. Knowing him, he's gonna take a side entrance and try to double back here from another direction. Just I suspected. I heard a softer sound of boots hitting the ground as he snuck his way down a hallway before leaning around a corner to see if I was doing the same. I cocked my gun which echoed in the near empty hall grabbing his attention and kept it pointing down at my feet as he stared at me. "Been awhile Jesse." He scowled at me and spatted back, "You got no right to call me by my name shitter!" He raised his mechanical arm and continued, "You did this to me bastard! YOU!" I didn't flinch to his voice raising, but I didn't keep my eyes off his. Not once. He started to pace in front of the elevator as I took a few steps forward into a position for a duel. We both stood there with our guns in one hand ready to raise them and kill each other. As we both stopped in front of one another I said, "You shouldn't have tried to kill me McCree. You knew damn well what the consequences were." He didn't waste any time arguing back. "I deserved every bit of that gold that man stole! IT WAS MINE BY RIGHTS!" I shook my head in disappointment. "Guess you never learned." I mumbled as we stood there. His right hand twitched as we stood there staring at each other. The sound of the wind outside echoed in the silent hall where we stood, loaded and cocked guns at the ready. He took the cigar from his mouth and looked at me holding near his eye level. "When this hits the ground." I didn't nod, or respond as I stared at him. I knew that trick from anywhere, yet I let him continue on with it, giving him a false sense of security.