Our arrival

Author's Note: Please read! I have a brief idea of how I am going to finish the book, so that's good news at least.. This is more of my personal mission to complete books then people actually wanting to see more from this book.. I think a lot of people didn't think I'd ever go back to it.. And I can't really blame them, I've been on and off for a course of one or two years.. I feel like the day is drawing closer to the books competition, after this is completed I'll be doing minor edits. Then it'll be completed! Chi Out!

Damien

Being in the town of Roy was very... interesting. It was certainly different to what I was used to, but having Jasper by my side utterly calm; soothed the unease I felt about the strength of their unique carrot houses. I'm talking about support wise. Jasper said, excitedly," I can't believe it! I'm home! Wow, it looks so different! Come on, Damien! Let me show you around!" After he said that, I was swiftly pulled toward many different areas by him holding my hand. I did not mind it at all and even asked a couple of questions about the structures that fascinated me yet also terrified me. I mean it really shouldn't be possible for these carrots to be that big or that sturdy, but according to Jasper, " It's the normal here." "This," Jasper said," is the place I really wanted to show you..."

Jasper

This waterfall area in a field of wheat was one of the most important places on the island to me. Damien seemed really awed by it's beauty, which I didn't blame him. The sunlight shone on the cascading water reflected the light and made tiny rainbow patches around the downstream motion of the waterfall. The swaying of the crispy golden wheat field looked to be dancing to the wind's harmonious music. Damien's face was awestruck and all I could do was nod my head in kind. This place always managed to take my breath away, and it was one of the most calming places ever. Damien, finally, disrupted the calm quietness that had settled over us as he said," We really should be going to see your mom." I nodded, more calm now then I had been when we first arrived. Knocking on my mom's door was like rewinding the clock, I had to remember that a lot of time had actually passed. My mom stood in the doorway, face shocked and relieved. Her hair had greyed a bit while I was away, but she was still the same women that raised me. I wrapped my arms around her, which seemed to make her snap out of her paralyzed state as she wrapped her arms around me. She was crying with joy, and tears silently went down my cheeks as well. I had missed being with my mother, her hugs were always gonna be one of the bests.. One of the bests cause I got Damien that'll let me hug him.. His hugs may be a bit better than my mom's.

Damien

Watching them be together so happily brought joy and sadness to my face. I was glad that I could be the one to unite them together again, but there were some families, some lovers and some friends that would never be able to see them once they got into the slave traffic. I wondered momentarily if Jasper would like to stay here, with his mother and his soon to be step father, if going by Harriot's intentions was anything to go. Jasper unknowingly reassured me as he pulled me toward his mother and said," This is my...protector, Damien!"

Jasper

Introducing who I believe would be my forever partner, I was rather unsure on what to call Damien. Protector seemed to be the safest option, as I did not want my mother to fear the relationship I had attained while still under the guise of a slave. I did not feel like one when around Damien as he never laid a hand on me. My mother wrapped her arms around me, it almost brought me to tears smelling her honey scent wafting through my nose. I didn't even realize I was crying and sniffling until my mother cooed," Shhh.. You're okay now... I'm here, my little bunny.." Damien had given us our needed space, but I was immensely happy with the people that surrounded me. Sure the lavishness of the mansion was something to admire, but the comfort of this small space, much like Damien's bedroom, brought me inner peace. I was saddened when I realized that I would again be leaving my mother. I already had my love set on Damien, and I knew Damien was needed with his people. Looking around though, I realized I wasn't ready to give up the quiet life that was here with my family. I could get used to all the flashing lights, but surely if I married Damien I would have to take part in speeches and not sit quietly along his side. It was at this moment a crushing weight befallen me. Was I really ready to take on all the burdens of being someone of high status when all I ever knew was the crushing dramatics of being a slave..? I wondered about it and realized that this was no easy question to answer. I had returned home, and in my heart, when I looked at her exhausted face; I knew I wasn't ready to leave.

The week that followed was very joyful, full of play and heart warming moments of the rekindling of a mother and son bonding. Damien joined in to talk about his home and talked to Lucy about how he met her son. She found it quite hilarious that they bumped into each other like in one of those anime tropes. Damien then had started to pack their things, but Jasper had other plans.