Our Secret Spot

"What do you have to tell me?" I gave him a weird look.

"It's more of a question.." He trailed. "But it's been bugging me ever since I sent it..so, why didn't you respond to my letter?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What letter?"

"If this is some sort of weird joke," Seth grumbled.

"I'm not joking! I never got a letter from you.." I defended.

"Really? But I sent it to your address." He said.

"Hm, I don't know what happened to it, but what did this letter say?" I questioned.

"Nevermind that, it Uh, doesn't matter anymore." He shook his head. "So, when can I hold my niece and nephew?"

"Right now." I handed Ethan to him first. He rocked him back and forth.

"Hey little guy, I'm your Uncle Seth. It's nice to meet you." He grinned.

"Seth, what's this I hear of you getting evicted, and suspended? What's going on with you?" I wondered.

Seth froze in place. "I've just felt so alone this past year. Everyone was busy with their own lives, and it made me realize that I had nothing."

"Seth, that's not true. You'll always have me. And you have your niece and nephew." I nudged him.

"Yeah, I know that now." He nodded. "And I promise I'll get better, for them and for you. And for Spencer, I knew he hated seeing me be anything but happy."

Tears welled in my eyes as I thought of Spencer.

"It's a shame he only knew his kids for two months." I frowned.

"Harper, we'll get through this together. Promise me we'll help each other." Seth vowed, giving me his pinky.

We linked fingers and made a pact to help each other through this difficult time.

Maddy returned with a plate full of food.

"Uh, Harper, I hate to bug you, but the nurses need you to sign papers, and call a funeral home.." Maddy pointed out to the hall.

I slowly got out of bed and set Hope in her carrier and Seth did the same with Ethan. He grabbed my hand for support as we met with the nurses.

After figuring out all the funeral details and calling someone to take him away, we began heading back to the room.

"Harper, can I take you and the kids out today? Maybe a little distraction will help all of us." Seth offered.

"Alright, Fine.." I agreed.
-

"So where are we going?" I asked, as he drove out of the hospital parking lot.

"Somewhere me and Spencer used to go all the time when we were kids." He answered. "Now this can be Ethan and Hope's place."

I smiled when he said that. "Yeah..it can be."

After driving for quite some time, he turned on a dirt road. All you could see was trees.

"Uh Seth, are we going the right way?" I wondered, and he nodded. "It's all the way in the back, very private."

We came up to an area where the trees cleared and there was a small lake, and then a trail to the side.

We got out of the car and each held one baby. Ethan had taking a liking to Seth, in fact he was falling asleep in his arms as we speak.

"So this is it, we would always hitchhike here after school, and just sit and talk for hours. Our mom would be worried sick." Seth chuckled.