Home Is Where The Heart Is

"Spencer Rollins. A loving son, brother, friend, boyfriend and most importantly, father. A man who would do anything for those he loved. We're gathered here today to honor this young man, for he was taken from us too soon."

I silently cried as I listened to the introduction speech. It was Spencer's funeral today, and Stephanie offered to watch the twins while we were here. I was grateful for that.

I was holding onto Maddy's hand before it was my turn to speak. All of his friends and family were present as well. His band mates flew in today too.

When he introduced me up on the stage, I nervously walked up. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Hello, most of you know me, but for any new people here, my name's Harper." I gave a little wave. "Spencer was my boyfriend, and in the time I knew him, everyday he blew me away on his positive attitude, and knowledge about life and happiness."

"When we first met, he was a hopeless flirt, but I couldn't understand why I was attracted to my friends brother. Then I realized it was because I could relate to him completely." I said. "We had the same dry sense of humor, we were both sarcastic outspoken assholes, but I loved how he was always there for me, no matter what. Always there to watch crappy romance movies, or cuddle, or go out and get me takeout when I was hungry at midnight." The crowd laughed.

"The point is, they'll never be another man like him. He was one of a kind. And when I got pregnant, he canceled his tour that was scheduled to be with me, and I knew how much music meant to him, and for him to give that up for me, I fell in love with him even more." A tear rolled down my cheek as I reminisced.

"Every night we'd talk to our babies, sing them songs, read them lullaby's, and I was jealous because he got them to kick first," I laughed to myself. "And when our precious little Ethan and Hope came into the world two months ago, they made our lives even better."

"So today, Spencer, I'm making you a promise. I promise to give our kids the best life they could ever imagine. I promise to love them, nurture them, teach them right and wrong, and tell them stories about their dad, I'll save the bad ones for when their older." I smiled.

"But most importantly, I'll tell them how much you loved them, and how you'll always watch over us. I love you, and I thank you for loving me, and showing me what true happiness is." I walk away and everyone claps.

I sit back down and Seth grabs my hand, giving me an apologetic smile. It felt good to get everything off my chest. It still felt surreal that he was gone, but I knew that he'd want me to move on.

So I will. And I can only hope that wherever he is, he's watching. And he's proud.
-

For our close family and friends, there was a get together at Seth's parents house. One last time to see everyone and talk, because the gang and I were heading back to the UK tomorrow morning.

It was Saturday, so Monday I was going back to work.

All of our friends were sitting on the couch, so after making the rounds, I joined them. Cathy and Finn were holding the babies, and Hunter was talking to Maddy.

"Hey Harper, I told Hunter about my idea to have you be my tag partner in the women's tag tournament." Maddy pulled me over.

"I was hesitant at first, but with previous experience, and training with Maddy, I believe we can make this work." Hunter nodded.

"I-I mean I'd be down to do it, but would I still have my interviewing job?" I questioned.

"Would you be okay with doing both? We can work your scheduling out with wrestling at the end of the show and interviewing before that." Hunter suggested.