The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

"I still remember the first time I met Hunter..I didn't have my contacts in and I bumped into him in catering..told him to fuck off and go suck a fat one," Maddy chuckled. "You could imagine that didn't go over too well."

"Typical Maddy." I smirked. "I remember when we were put on 'probation' one of my first weeks on the job."

"Mind telling us why?" Dean raised his eyebrow.

"Best left unsaid..a lawsuit could still happen." Maddy winked, making Dean give us a 'WTF' look.

"We're only kidding.." I shrug.

"Maybe.." Maddy sung, making everyone laugh.

We were all cuddled up on the couch, fire burning, reliving old stories. It felt nice reminiscing on the past.

The kids were asleep, and we had already placed all the gifts under the tree. It was Christmas Eve, and I was super excited because I loved Christmas.

Maddy had revealed to us that when her and Dean go back to Las Vegas, they can find out the gender of the baby. Everyone began putting their guesses in.

Mostly everyone said boy. We needed to even the odds out a little. We said next would be Cathy and Finn's turn, but they said for now their content with everything.

"I think it's time for us to head back to the hotel. We'll be back tomorrow morning to open gifts." Nikki stood up from the couch, Dolph doing the same.

We all gave them hugs and waved goodbye as they left. I began getting sleepy myself. So I said goodnight and went to the room.

I climbed in the bed and a few minutes later, Maddy and Dean did the same.

"Remember the Christmas I told you to apply for the interviewing job? And then you got it a few months later.." Maddy whispers.

"Yeah, I do.." I smile, thinking back to that moment 2 years ago...

Christmas Day - Las Vegas, Nevada

"Here we got you one last gift.." Maddy handed me a big box. I gave her a look, her and Dean already spoiled me this year.

"Just open it!" Dean whined.

"Alright alright." I begin tearing the wrapping paper off it. I got confused as I did, noticing that the box felt very...light.

Not that I was expecting a huge present, but it didn't seem like there was something in there.

"Is this a prank? Ill whoop both of your asses if it is." I grumbled.

"Just. Open. It." Maddy repeated.

I lifted up the cover and saw..a packet?

It had the WWE logo on it, and I scanned my eyes down and read 'Application: Backstage Interviewer'

"Maddy..what is this?" I questioned.

"I found out there's a position available at RAW. Talked to Hunter about it, and he wants to meet you and said he'd give you the job right then and there." Maddy shrugged, a smile on her lips.

"M-Maddy..this is insane..t-thank you so much!" I try to find the right words. I'm speechless.

I tackled her and Dean in a hug, squeezing them tight.

"Thank you thank you thank you!"

"Alright alright don't kill me.." Maddy chuckled.

We spent the rest of the night talking about how cool it'd be working together. And what I didn't know was when I got that application, it changed my whole life.
-