Shining Star

"I didn't think Duck and Waffle was gonna be so good!" Finn sighed as we left the restaurant.

"I could live off of those." Cathy groaned.

"Move to London and you can!" I giggled, pushing the stroller beside them.

I was now taking them to a place I had only discovered a short while ago, it was an underground bar and grille restaurant.

We walked down the alleyway, and stopped at a pair of wooden steps.
"Uh...are we at the right place?" Finn asked, looking around.

"Yep. Mind carrying the stroller down?" I bit my lip, watching as Finn carefully moved the stroller down the steps.

I walked in first, saying the secret code which was 'Rocky'. He was the owner of the place.

The secret door opened to reveal a booming restaurant. There were two bars then places to sit and eat.

"Woah..this is fucking sick!" Finn and Cathy gasped, taking a look around.

"Hey Rocky, mind getting us three beers?" I headed over to Rocky, who was wiping down tables.

"Sure can..got some new friends I see?" He raised an eyebrow, walking to the bar.

"Just visiting for a few days. Figured I'd take them to the best place in London.." I winked.

"And you brought the kiddos!" Rocky waved to Ethan and Hope, who were looking around curiously.

Rocky handed me the beers and I called Cathy and Finn over to sit.

"This is Rocky..the owner of the place. This is Cathy and Finn." I introduced them.

"Lemme guess..your from Dublin?" Rocky questioned, and Finn nodded.

They began chatting about his family who lives there, and turns out they know Finn's family.

"What a small world." Cathy smiled.

"Hey Harper, where's that handsome lug of yours? Last I heard he was going on tour with his band." Rocky raised an eyebrow, looking at me expectantly.

"Uh..he passed away about two months ago.." I got quiet.

Rocky's face fell, "Oh my..gosh, I'm so sorry Harper. He was a great man. I could tell how much he cared for you and the kids."

"Thank you, Rocky." I smiled gratefully.

"Hey Harper is that you?!" I heard a voice exclaim. I turned and was surprised to see the other members of Spencer's band.

"Hey, I haven't seen you guys in a while!" I gasped.

Wrench and Henry took a seat at the bar.

"We wanted to send our condolences for not coming to the funeral..it was too hard for us." Wrench frowned.

"Don't apologize, trust me I get it." I waved him off. "He knows how much you cared for him."

"We've been back in the studio working on the album, but we've dedicated a song for him." Henry revealed. "It's called 'London Nights'."

I grinned, "I'm sure he would've loved it. And I can't wait to hear it."
-

A few days had passed, Finn and Cathy went back on the road, and I was looking at Wrench's text from a few hours ago.

Wrench: would you sing 'London Nights' with us at Rocky's tonight?

I had typed out 'yes' but hadn't sent it yet. I had never sung infront of a crowd before.

But I thought of Spencer, and how proud he would've been for me to do that. And so without another thought, I hit send.

He replied a few minutes after and said to get ready and meet there soon.

I showered and changed into jeans, a sweater and boots. I changed Ethan and Hope's onesies and then loaded them in the stroller.

I grabbed my purse and then began walking to Rocky's.

I got nervous when I saw how crowded it was. I saw a sign that said it was open mic night. That explained it.

Wrench and Henry were waiting by the stage, and I approached them.

"We have the lyrics up there Incase you forget, but we're going up in a few minutes. You think your ready?" Henry asked.

"Yes..lets do it." I nodded. Rocky sat with the kids as we walked up on stage. People began clapping already.

I nervously grabbed the mic and took a deep breath.
"Hey everyone, I'm Harper, and this is Wrench and Henry." I introduced. "We're performing a song called 'London Nights', in honor of my boyfriend, Spencer. Who used to sing in this band. Spencer, I love you, and I hope you enjoy what we came up with."

The music started, and I glanced at the lyrics.

"Will you spend this London Night with me?"

"Will you laugh the night away?"

"Will you hold me tight if I ask you too?"

"Because I think if we're together, this night will get a whole lot better..." I sung, seeing the shocked looks on everyone's faces.

"A London night spent together, walking in the rain.."

"Maybe we'll see Big Ben, or maybe we'll take the train.."

"I just want to spend the night with you.."

"It doesn't matter what we do.."

"But I know if we're together..this night will get a whole lot better.." My voice cracked as I tried not to cry.

"So hold me in your arms, and never let me go.."

"I don't want to go through this life alone.."

"But if I'm with you, I know I'm safe.."

"The memories we share are great.."

"So I just wanted to let you know.."

"I love you, I love you, I love love love you, you might think I'm crazy, but babyyyyyyyyy..."

"This London night we spent together..."

"Just got a whole lot better..."

"I think I'll remember it foreverrrrrrrrr."

"Because of youuuu..."

I finished, and the crowd began clapping. They stood up, and I grinned from ear to ear.

Henry and Wrench wrapped me in a hug as we left the stage.

"You did amazing! You have a voice for music!" Henry gasped.

"I did it for Spencer." I began tearing up. "I hope he's proud."

"Oh, he is. Trust me. He's smiling down right now." Wrench nodded.

"How'd you think mommy did?!" I exclaimed, going over to the babies.

They began babbling, and I grinned.

As we left Rocky's, I looked up at the sky.

I stared right at the biggest star shining, and I whispered, "I love you, Spencer."
-

The first day of October had rolled around, and I was packing to fly to Chicago. RAW was being held there this Monday, and I wanted to see all my friends. Especially Maddy.

Wrench was happily watching Pumpkin while we were gone, which I was grateful for.

I opened the door to begin loading my bags in the car, and I froze when I saw who was on the other side.

There stood Seth, holding his suitcase.

- - -
Ahhh, Seth is back!!!😱For what?? Harper's reuniting with the gang yayyyy! Also, how good was the song in memory of Spencer? I came up with it myself🤣🤣thanks for reading :) 💛